1995 (I think) XX

A forum to showcase your Barracudas.
willywill

1995 (I think) XX

Post by willywill »

Here is XX I picked up Ebay around Christmas time from a gent out in Durango. The frame was in great shape, a few dings from use but I like to see use! Here are the parts spec.

NOS Rock Shox Quadra 21 R with speed springs upgrade
Chris King NoThreadset Headset
XTR drivetrain (used)
Ringle stem and seatpost
Magura HS 33 brakes
Mavic Crossroc Wheels w/ Hutchinson tires
Easton Monkey Light Carbon fiber handlebar
Ritchey WCS bar ends
Shimano Deore Shifters
Look Moab pedals (my favorite)
Ritchey WCS saddle
Planet Bike Wireless CPU
one water bottle holder with ejected water bottle (doh!)

I had just finished riding the Beaverdam Trail at Falls Lake recreation area in Raleigh NC and had a blast! The Cuda is fast light and nimble. The only thing I was longing for was a smoother front end. The speed springs upgrade is better than the elastomers but still very stiff, the rooty nature of this trail was bit jarring but on the smoother bits the tight handling was sweet. An 80mm Fox Fork or RS SID would be sweet!!

manbeer
Never leaves
Never leaves

Re: 1995 (I think) XX

Post by manbeer »

Nice job, I've been looking for a 95 xx team for a while now and both yours and marks are done up pretty much the same as I intended, with the red ringle parts. I am riding an 80mm sid on my a2e and the geometry actually isn't too bad, my uncle is actually using an 80mm manitou on his and they still handle pretty sharp. I think maybe because of the longer front triangle these are more accepting of higher travel than most older bikes
92 Easton * 93 A2X * 93 A2L * 94 A2MS * 94 Comp * 95 Comp * 96 A2E * 97 A2E * 97 XX Team * 97 A2F * 98 A2FS * 96 A2T and more

willywill

Post by willywill »

The handling is great thus far, the longish stem was a bit awkward at first but after about 5 miles of riding I was already used to it, plus I am a slave to Ringle anodized goodness. I did have a manitou black fork on the front end which is either a 100 or 120mm fork and handling was seriously awkward. The plushness was great though which is why I was thinking about a low travel SID or Fox fork. I believe there is a 63mm SID on the Bay right now located in Guam. It is tempting but I must part with some of my parts before acumulating more!

mixalive

Post by mixalive »

Nice..
93 A2R blue/white 14" Craigslist Austin, on the cheap
94 A2M silver/white 14" Cenna's Cycles SA, original owner
94 Cuda Comp purple/white 14" won on Ebay
95 XX Team gold/white 14" Craigslist Memphis