One More Cuda Comp

A forum to showcase your Barracudas.
mingodog

One More Cuda Comp

Post by mingodog »

I've owned this one since 96 and got it second hand and I'm not real sure about the year. I was thinking that it's a Colorado bike but but after reading somethings here i'm not sure. Maybe you experts here could tell me more :)

neo_pop_71

Re: One More Cuda Comp

Post by neo_pop_71 »

Welcome!

You are the proud owner of a '95 Comp, check yours against the catalog image provided in the "Bikes" section at the top of the page. The '94 Comp was steel and a different color.

That's awesome to have picked up a higher end Cuda so early in the game! Do you recall what you paid for it? How many years did you ride the Comp before it became wall art? Are you planning to rebuild it? I know at least have the guys on here would be happy to rebuild it for you... it's getting your bike back home that might pose a problem! ;)

Peace,

-D-

mingodog

Post by mingodog »

neo_pop_71 wrote:Welcome!

You are the proud owner of a '95 Comp, check yours against the catalog image provided in the "Bikes" section at the top of the page. The '94 Comp was steel and a different color.

That's awesome to have picked up a higher end Cuda so early in the game! Do you recall what you paid for it? How many years did you ride the Comp before it became wall art? Are you planning to rebuild it? I know at least have the guys on here would be happy to rebuild it for you... it's getting your bike back home that might pose a problem! ;)

Peace,

-D-

Back then I gave the guy 150 for the frame and it was a lot cleaner too, I've never gotten rid of it because I love old bikes and it's just too cool of a frame. This week I came across an old Titus Cyborg with a bunch of high end anno parts and thought about building the Cuda back up with those parts. I'll post pics when I'm done, I don't think I'll repaint it just ride it ! So is it a Co. bike ?

vpc66
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

Post by vpc66 »

YEA!!! Another Comp in the family...Hope you show some love for her,it looks like she is screaming out for it. Will be waiting for the pictures to show if you start to rebuild.
Relax and have deep water thoughts.

F.C.C.R Ride hard,Ride Fast.....Go Insane

mixalive

Post by mixalive »

That is kinda weird that the bike was only 1 year old before it was stripped of it's components. And is pretty beat up for only being ridden 1 year. I don't know.. Maybe it was raced by the previous owner..
Not to say your bike is too beat up and all. Iffin it were me, I would build it up just the way it is. That is how I roll..
But really. My suggestion would be to check it out, real good, for hairline fractures before you build it. Don't be gettin in denial about it. The crack thing is seen on many, many aluminum Barracuda's of that time.
O yea.. Welcome to the site.. :ugeek:
93 A2R blue/white 14" Craigslist Austin, on the cheap
94 A2M silver/white 14" Cenna's Cycles SA, original owner
94 Cuda Comp purple/white 14" won on Ebay
95 XX Team gold/white 14" Craigslist Memphis

vpc66
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

Post by vpc66 »

mixalive wrote:That is kinda weird that the bike was only 1 year old before it was stripped of it's components. And is pretty beat up for only being ridden 1 year. I don't know.. Maybe it was raced by the previous owner..
Not to say your bike is too beat up and all. Iffin it were me, I would build it up just the way it is. That is how I roll..
But really. My suggestion would be to check it out, real good, for hairline fractures before you build it. Don't be gettin in denial about it. The crack thing is seen on many, many aluminum Barracuda's of that time.

WOW....great point made! And I know it is not always the case but with the stickers on the frame it does look kind of Privateer-ish.....You said it was in nicer shape when you bought it...How much did you ride it and how....are you a gonzo type rider or more layed back cross country...

mingodog

Post by mingodog »

mixalive wrote:That is kinda weird that the bike was only 1 year old before it was stripped of it's components. And is pretty beat up for only being ridden 1 year. I don't know.. Maybe it was raced by the previous owner..

No the frame was in a lot better shape when I first got it, I rode it for many years befor I built something else. It's been on the wall for 7+ years.. The guy I bought it from went to a full suspension back then and really didn't care for the cuda anymore that's whey I got it pretty cheap.

mingodog

Post by mingodog »

vpc66 wrote:

WOW....great point made! And I know it is not always the case but with the stickers on the frame it does look kind of Privateer-ish.....You said it was in nicer shape when you bought it...How much did you ride it and how....are you a gonzo type rider or more layed back cross country...

I did ride it pretty hard in the time that I had it plus it does have a lot of shop bumps and bruises.

vpc66
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

Post by vpc66 »

Well then you know full history of the frame for most part...though like Sir mix said...check it out before a rebuild with knowing how you rode her....there are a few write ups on here about cracked frames mine being one of them...I still ride it,but plan on having the small crack at the seatpost fixed and paint done..just need the coin for the work. Luck in what ever you end up doing with the frame.

mingodog

Post by mingodog »

vpc66 wrote:Well then you know full history of the frame for most part...though like Sir mix said...check it out before a rebuild with knowing how you rode her....there are a few write ups on here about cracked frames mine being one of them...I still ride it,but plan on having the small crack at the seatpost fixed and paint done..just need the coin for the work. Luck in what ever you end up doing with the frame.

So do you guys think I should do a total repaint ? I was thinking that it would be better to leave as a survivor. I have looked it over a few times and there are no cracks or dings, just a bunch of scrapes and scratches. I guess if i could get a hold of a decal set I probably go for a repaint.
whatever I do I can assure you guys it will be a built right and with some nice parts. :D