1995 A2Z - My daughter's 1st Barracuda

A forum to showcase your Barracudas.
neo_pop_71

Re: 1995 A2Z - My daughter's 1st Barracuda

Post by neo_pop_71 »

Too true!!!

Gotta hang with her now, she'll be busier in the future! Besides, she'll never be this age again!

neo_pop_71

Post by neo_pop_71 »

Hey gang-

My daughter took her first ride around the neighborhood this week on her A2Z, she loved it!!! Graduating up from a 20" to a 26" was no problem, dropping the coaster brake for brake levers was no issue, and she took to gears with ease. She did so well bombin' round the neighborhood, she wanted to hit the trails behind our home, she has been excited about going since I finished the initial build and sat her on the bike (that was still too big) back in November. Last week after I finished teaching summer school I pulled the A2Z down and rebuilt it with newer shift pods and v-brakes, swapped the wheel set, cut down the seat post, and slapped some new tires on the bike. I did all this in hopes of getting some riding in before I start back to a new school year in a couple weeks, I just didn't know if she'd be ready for such a jump in size and equipment. We've got a big day ahead, she has swim team practice this morning at 10:00, we are going to the fair for a few hours, and she wants to squeeze a ride in tonight before it gets dark. She is only 8 years old but she is 4'8", wears a size 5 shoe, and is now sharing t-shirts with my wife. She is going to be tall... that's why she is on basketball, volleyball, and swim teams... anything but sitting in front of the T.V.! She is cool with chillin' out but she prefers doing art while listening to music as opposed to the tube or video games. I'm very lucky!!! I'm having to play catch up from being down for a month with my jacked up leg, I'm definitely off my game and she is rollin' like crazy!!!

The last photo is my tech shot... I swapped the bottom pull front derailleur and pulley for a top pull derailleur... drilled the cable guide for Teflon tubing, and used the front derailleur cable stops to run the v-brakes. Pretty clean and works very well... no zip ties... I suggest this mod if you are considering a v-brake swap.

vpc66
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

Post by vpc66 »

Errrr...I tried to get a good shot of how my cables are run thinking you might like it....but my home camera SUCKS..spoiled with the equipment at work ,guess I need to take the Cuda in to take the pic.
Relax and have deep water thoughts.

F.C.C.R Ride hard,Ride Fast.....Go Insane

vpc66
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

Post by vpc66 »

Just a quick sidenote on cable run, then back to the main attraction. Couple of shots on my setup and as said I think you might find it to be a clean job !
Attachments
hh.jpg
hh.jpg (37.77 KiB) Viewed 7915 times
jj.jpg
jj.jpg (125.25 KiB) Viewed 7915 times
Relax and have deep water thoughts.

F.C.C.R Ride hard,Ride Fast.....Go Insane

neo_pop_71

Post by neo_pop_71 »

Yep , that's what I had in mind for pee-wee's Cuda but the tiny cable guide was so small that there was no way to drill it out for a pinch nose derailleur ferrule... that's why I ended up with Teflon tubing instead of a ferrule and housing like I planned.