A2X

A forum to showcase your Barracudas.
neo_pop_71

Re: A2X

Post by neo_pop_71 »

Still got the 96'er... after all the effort to get that bike built, there's no way i could tear it down.

The Yeti Ultimate knock off is a 1990 Nishiki Ariel, it's quite a bit larger than the 1989 Nishiki Alien 96'er. My goal was to try to build up a more modern version of the classic dirt drop bike, like my MB-1. I needed a larger frame for safety and the front end is where the differences show up... threadedless vs. theadless fork, threadless vs. threaded headset, and tall quill stem vs. tall threadless steer tube with short threadless stem. You can see in the photos that the reach and bar height are pretty much spot on.

Anyway, I'm really looking forward to seeing your A2X develop!!!

Cheers!

-D-

neo_pop_71

Post by neo_pop_71 »

ctk wrote:So here we go... Frame forks and stem...

I'm thinking a black headset? It'll be a mix of black and polished alloy on the bike anyway.

Yep, I would definitely go with a black to set off that fantastic looking paint, I really love the stem!

What drop bar were you running on the previous build?

ctk
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

Post by ctk »

they were On-One Midges. I liked them super comfy- really upright- on the tops and fun decending etc in the drops. I'd like them more if they extended bacwards a couple more inches.

I am going for a modern salsa (flat & wide) bar on this build with loads of sweep.