A2X

A forum to showcase your Barracudas.
ctk
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

A2X

Post by ctk »

Its gonna get a rebuild... Hopefully starting this page will make me get a wriggle on.

Accu-Trax
Atac
Suntour XC Pro
Magura Brakes!

Hope you are all doing well. I've gone and had another baby boy.

vpc66
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

Re: A2X

Post by vpc66 »

I take it you are rebuilding the old bike and start riding again. Any plans on posting pictures of the rebuild. And congratulations on the new little one, hope all is well with the future little cuda fan.
Relax and have deep water thoughts.

F.C.C.R Ride hard,Ride Fast.....Go Insane

ctk
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

Post by ctk »

Thanks Alex was born 6 months ago but the time has flown!

I had drop bars on it for a while (as can be seen in the restoration thread) but I felt like I was riding the set-up rather than the bike.

I then built it it up as a do everything bike (with child seat!) but it deserves better. & I want to use it in anger a wee bit...

Pics soon.

neo_pop_71

Post by neo_pop_71 »

ctk wrote:Thanks Alex was born 6 months ago but the time has flown!

Right on ctk, congrats on the little one!!! You gotta get a photo of the two of them together and share it was us. My little angel turned eight last month, she looks 10 or 11 (that's what people are always telling her) and thankfully she loves riding! I'm lucky, she is a great kid, and doesn't give us any trouble... I feel fortunate!!!

ctk
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

Post by ctk »

Photos of the kids and the rebuild soon. I am back at stage 1 of the rebuild- I had a Mavic headset on it but it looked lame with the high rise A-Tac so I'm looking for a headset to get things started.

neo_pop_71

Post by neo_pop_71 »

ctk wrote:Accu-Trax
Atac
Suntour XC Pro
Magura Brakes!

Those are some of my favorite names!

I recently rebuilt my favorite bike, (sorry but it's not a Cuda) a 1992 Bridgestone MB-1, it has a full build of Suntour XC Pro... perfect every time without fail!

Both my MB-1 and my Yeti Ultimate "Knock Off" Nishiki Ariel have On One Midge bars... I think that bar is one of the finest British exports and it's become my favorite bar for all mt dirt drop builds!

-D-

p.s. My little angel painted my Yeti tribute bike, she and I picked out the colors but she painted everything... pretty awesome for only having just turned 8 years old. She also picked out the parts going in the bike, it's one of out daddy/daughter things to do this summer. She talks about building custom bikes one day, that would be pretty awesome!

ctk
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

Post by ctk »

MMMmmmmMB-1. Lovely build.

Bridgestone were a brilliant bike company weren't they?. So unconventional with moustache bars etc. I wonder what they'd be building now? Their advertising and graphics were so far away from anyone else and have stood the test of time. Would love to get my hands on one.

Your daughter as a custom bike builder would be coool. I know of one female frame builder (name escapes me) and I think a lot of Lynskeys welders are female too.

vpc66
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

Post by vpc66 »

Did you brake the 69er down or pick up another frame like it?? Thumbs up to your daughter on the paint job...will she do the work on her Cross bike or did that project fall out of favor.

ctk
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

Post by ctk »

So here we go... Frame forks and stem...

I'm thinking a black headset? It'll be a mix of black and polished alloy on the bike anyway.

vpc66
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

Post by vpc66 »

Start to a great finish I am sure, and going rigid !