1993 A2T

A forum to showcase your Barracudas.
onespeedbiker

1993 A2T

Post by onespeedbiker »

This is my 1993 A2T. I bought it from a good friend and riding buddy who bought it new, but who's wife made him thin out the stable some 12 years ago. Some of the components have been replaced, but I still have the original 1 1/8 threadless Mag 21 shock and steel quill stem. The "Full Speed" stickers were his doing.The drivetrain, brakes and shifters are all OEM XT 7 speed. About 1 1/2 years before he sold it to me, he had me tune up the bike which needed a wheelset badly (sidewalls were severely dished from the canti brakes); replaced with an LX hub wheelset, replaced the brake pads and the front brake needed a link wire; the parts cost about $100; I think I bought it from him for $150.00.
Baracuda s.jpg
Baracuda s.jpg (95.85 KiB) Viewed 12292 times

vpc66
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

Re: 1993 A2T

Post by vpc66 »

Welcome to the gang and I hope you enjoy riding your Cuda and sharing stories and pictures of the good times on it..
Relax and have deep water thoughts.

F.C.C.R Ride hard,Ride Fast.....Go Insane

mixalive

Post by mixalive »

Nice.. :mrgreen:
93 A2R blue/white 14" Craigslist Austin, on the cheap
94 A2M silver/white 14" Cenna's Cycles SA, original owner
94 Cuda Comp purple/white 14" won on Ebay
95 XX Team gold/white 14" Craigslist Memphis

vpc66
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

Post by vpc66 »

With your forum name I am surprised that the Cuda has not been set up as a single speed...unless you have a SS frame just for those rides?

onespeedbiker

Post by onespeedbiker »

vpc66 wrote:With your forum name I am surprised that the Cuda has not been set up as a single speed...unless you have a SS frame just for those rides?
Yes, I actually have 3 Mtb singlespeeds a Bianchi SASS, a custom Bontrager Race light (with Surly Sub-11 dropouts welded on) and a Rocklobster. While I like riding my singlespeeds, I also like vintage bikes with original parts like my Cuda..

vpc66
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

Post by vpc66 »

By chance you on MTBR forum ?

neo_pop_71

Post by neo_pop_71 »

onespeedbiker wrote:
vpc66 wrote:With your forum name I am surprised that the Cuda has not been set up as a single speed...unless you have a SS frame just for those rides?
Yes, I actually have 3 Mtb singlespeeds a Bianchi SASS, a custom Bontrager Race light (with Surly Sub-11 dropouts welded on) and a Rocklobster. While I like riding my singlespeeds, I also like vintage bikes with original parts like my Cuda..

I'm a visual person, how about some photos of those fine bikes?

I'm especially interested in custom Bonty Race Lite, it sounds very similar to my old one. I bought a 1992 Bonty S.S. from one of the team riders back when the Bontrager Team travelled around in an old 70's American station wagon. The ex-team rider still races but skateboarding is his passion and he started Cohort USA Skateboards, Cohort specializes in vintage style decks for pool and vert ramp skating. If any of you skate and remember the good ol' stuff, cool stuff and a good guy for sure... here is a link to his site:

http://www.cohortusa.com/

Back in the 90's at InterBike, the Rocklobster booth was running a funny sound loop, it was Homer Simpson's voice saying "MMM... Rocklobster!" instead of "MMM... Donuts!"

(I've attached a photo of my old Bontrager Race Lite)

vpc66
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

Post by vpc66 »

Works for me as well, thought I would see them on the single speed part of MTBR forum but way to many names there like his sign on here if it is even the same..so please post those as well. By the way, nice bike Don