A2E and A2R

A forum to showcase your Barracudas.
rbonif
Never leaves
Never leaves

A2E and A2R

Post by rbonif »

Here are pics of the A2E and A2R and the A2L is still being worked.

A2E - $80 CL
Added: New Rims, Vintage NOS Onza Agro Tires (wow are they plush), White Brothers Fork (thanks Neo), Headset, Stem, seat, handlebars and YETI grips.

Wishlist: Has the original STX drivetrain (less front V Brakes), ordered a travel agent as the braking up front is very loose. Also having an issue with the rear cog and shifting...hoping a new cables will fix.

A2R - $160 CL
Added: New Panracer tires, Judy XC fork, Rims, Ringle stem, seat, handlebars, headset and grips

Wishlist: new rear derailleur as she has a tourney on there now. Probably new drivetrain.

Thanks again for all your advice.
Ron
Attachments
IMAG0138.jpg
IMAG0138.jpg (78.22 KiB) Viewed 12727 times
IMAG0137.jpg
IMAG0137.jpg (100.99 KiB) Viewed 12727 times

neo_pop_71

Re: A2E and A2R

Post by neo_pop_71 »

Looking good! Some nice parts hanging on those Cudas! The A2E with the White Brothers fork is looking sharp and should you wish for some different suspension in the future... the gold W.B. SC70 fork will be right at home on your A2L.

I went nutty with this last build on my A2L... gold W.B. SC70 fork, gold Mavic hoops with XT hubs but the wheels finished off the XT group and put the exclamation point on the whole goldilocks thing. I had red and black Panaracer Fire XC Pro tires to replace that mismatched mess in the photos, but I robbed those for another build. The Kore stem has to go, I hate it!!! (PM me if you'd like to own that piece of vintage poo, you pop for the postage)

rbonif
Never leaves
Never leaves

Post by rbonif »

i love your A2L...trust me i studied it while putting my build together (down to the travel agent). I think your rims are awesome just they can really blow up your budget. I spend $150 on some my Rims (from REI) and I am not that happy with them.

Regarding the stem ty but I am going after the red one expiring on ebay in a few hours. It is a perfect fit on my A2L being red and I also need a small stem (1") as that is all the clearance I have now with my cheapie Manitou Spyder fork.

neo_pop_71

Post by neo_pop_71 »

Hey man, did you win the red stem? If so, nice score at $10.99, that's a steal for a vintage ControlTech stem!!! That one would have looked great on my A2L... instead of that turtle head looking turd of a Kore stem that's on there now!!!

rbonif
Never leaves
Never leaves

Post by rbonif »

Yep that was me...thought I had my max bid at around $25 so I was surprised to get it for around $10. I am pretty excited as I needed a stem in that size.

All I need is a seat post now...would you know what size seatpost is your A2L? I can't find any info out there on this.

Thanks
Ron

neo_pop_71

Post by neo_pop_71 »

Off the top of my head, I believe it is 29.4, I'm about 90% sure of that number. I have a butchered short "BARRACUDA" post that you are welcome to but it would need to be a short need. I'd suggest buying a 27.2-29.4 shim and then run a 27.2 post, you'll have way more options.

rbonif
Never leaves
Never leaves

Post by rbonif »

Thanks Neo...I was thinking of buying the below but am a bit confused as he has it listed as a 31.6 but states it fits a 27.3. I believe this is a relisting and he changed the size in the title from 27.3 to 31.6...Did barracuda make 31.6 seatposts and if not do you think it is safe to buy this and get it to fit with a shim?

Sorry about all the questions.
Ron

rbonif
Never leaves
Never leaves

Post by rbonif »

mixalive

Post by mixalive »

Neo.. You realize that dude on ebay used the picture of your A2Limited to sell his bike. See viewtopic.php?f=4&t=790
93 A2R blue/white 14" Craigslist Austin, on the cheap
94 A2M silver/white 14" Cenna's Cycles SA, original owner
94 Cuda Comp purple/white 14" won on Ebay
95 XX Team gold/white 14" Craigslist Memphis

neo_pop_71

Post by neo_pop_71 »

Yes, that post will work with a 27.2 to 29.4 shim. I actually had that exact same Cuda post at one point, I had a KGB titanium mountain frame that was built up as a singlespeed commuter... 14.6 pounds! Please excuse the build, it was purely a recycled parts build, definitely not the best looking bike I ever put together but it was just to test the strength and flex of the frame. Way too much flex for this old chubby track racer!!! As long as you don't exceed 29.4 on the shim that post will work great. Here is a link but any 2.2mm shim will work since 27.2 to 29.4 is a standard size.

http://www.bikeparts.com/search_results ... =BPC303080