Dunked..

Tales from the trails..
mixalive

Dunked..

Post by mixalive »

I was dating my wife at the time and had just purchased the A2M. It was in the dead of winter. My inlaws had left town and we were house sitting their home.. :mrgreen: They live about a block from Bull Creek here in Austin. I had taken the new Barracuda over there thinking I would wake up early and ride Bull Creek. When I pulled out of the driveway, I realized it was cold as crap, but I kept riding. I had to cross under State Hwy 360 along the creek. Then the trail went across the creek on one of those slimey rock dams. When I was crossing it, I was thinking, "Dude, this could be slippery, UUUUUUUUUUUUUU", :shock: Splash into the deep end. Totally submerged in this freezing 6 foot deep spring fed creek. Well, that ended the ride for the day. I was afraid my Barracuda was going to rust from the inside out, so I sprayed lube anywhere I could get it into the tubes..
Attachments
BullCreekM3.jpg
BullCreekM3.jpg (76.28 KiB) Viewed 8381 times
93 A2R blue/white 14" Craigslist Austin, on the cheap
94 A2M silver/white 14" Cenna's Cycles SA, original owner
94 Cuda Comp purple/white 14" won on Ebay
95 XX Team gold/white 14" Craigslist Memphis

neo_pop_71

Re: Dunked..

Post by neo_pop_71 »

Hey Mix,

That's a bust, man! I've pulled the same move on that slime in a creek with my nephew in Washington.

Just to be safe, pull the seat post out and hang it tires up, then hit it again with spray lube. You don't want any water sitting in those skinny chain stays!

Good luck!

-D-

mixalive

Re: Dunked..

Post by mixalive »

Down there where that hippy whirlpool is (referenced in the nude post) it gets about 2-3 feet deep. On day I was wadeing crossing the creek, with my bike over my head and realized my cell phone was on my hip.. Bummer.. Ruined cell phone. So after that and dropping the next 2 cell phones in the toilet, I purchased this Casio Gz phone. It is good for 3 meters deep...
93 A2R blue/white 14" Craigslist Austin, on the cheap
94 A2M silver/white 14" Cenna's Cycles SA, original owner
94 Cuda Comp purple/white 14" won on Ebay
95 XX Team gold/white 14" Craigslist Memphis