This ever happened to you?

Tales from the trails..
mixalive

This ever happened to you?

Post by mixalive »

I went for a 12 mile single track ride at the Rocky Hill Ranch in Smithville, TX today on the A2M and this is what happened to my tires.. They are Smoke and Dart Panaracers. Almost all the knobs got knocked off and you can see the chord in some places. They looked like new when I first set out, but I have to admit... The were about 13 years old.. :roll: .......................Vintage tires suck..
Attachments
A2M_waisted_tire.jpg
A2M_waisted_tire.jpg (198.99 KiB) Viewed 8612 times
93 A2R blue/white 14" Craigslist Austin, on the cheap
94 A2M silver/white 14" Cenna's Cycles SA, original owner
94 Cuda Comp purple/white 14" won on Ebay
95 XX Team gold/white 14" Craigslist Memphis

vpc66
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

Re: This ever happened to you?

Post by vpc66 »

Yes,and for same reason...tires that should have been layed to rest years before. A buddy could not ride his mtb anymore and wanted to try road,so being nice I pull my old Cannodale out of the dust pile with the tires and latex tubes from the early 90's....well tires came apart and tubes were stuck to tires. I worry about the ss tires on my Cuda doing the same..but it looks like the new fashion for mtb tires is 2" or more with BIG knobs...HATE them, I like nice lite ss no bigger than a 1.9. Lite,fast and hook up great on limestone...you just have to know that there is no bombing into wet areas or butt meets ground. Anyways SORRY your ride end like that,noticed where you wrote about going for a ride on the Fb site
Relax and have deep water thoughts.

F.C.C.R Ride hard,Ride Fast.....Go Insane

cudarider1
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

Re: This ever happened to you?

Post by cudarider1 »

Yeah, the rubber seems to break down. The Panaracer smoke is my all time favorite tire. I recently picked up a continental trail king because it reminded me of the smoke and I love this tire.