So, anyone been riding lately?

Tales from the trails..
zoltanka79
Never leaves
Never leaves

So, anyone been riding lately?

Post by zoltanka79 »

Well, i have two options for this weekend. Go up to some ski resort, or stay home and ride the Cuda. The real problem is the weather. 28 below. Celsius. :?
Zoltan

vpc66
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

Re: So, anyone been riding lately?

Post by vpc66 »

Wow Zoltan your like Derek and run out in the snow, I would die, or that is the point and you don't care for riding in the mess! Right now we have been hit with the cold front that has been moving across the States so it is very cold for us Floridians. last night with wind chill the feel like temp in some areas was in low 20's and the wind is ripping ! I had been riding every few weeks but had issues with my truck and my off road riding buddy was in another car wreck, which he was in one just two months before( both of which not his fault, just very bad luck ) I hope to get back to it as soon as he can ride again, hate riding on my own. Thought about joining local mtb club but not sure I fit in.
Relax and have deep water thoughts.

F.C.C.R Ride hard,Ride Fast.....Go Insane

neo_pop_71

Post by neo_pop_71 »

zoltanka79 wrote:Well, i have two options for this weekend. Go up to some ski resort, or stay home and ride the Cuda. The real problem is the weather. 28 below. Celsius. :?

Sweet mother of Jesus (that's prounounced "Hey-Zeus" and he's my neighbor, not the guy from that popular book dating back a couple thousand years)... that is insanely cold and utter madness to be out and exposing your "junk" to a potential shattering of the nut'sicle on the top tube of a bike!!! What's the matter with you?!!! It was a balmy 75 and clear today, the crowds suck but the weather in Southern California is hard to beat at times.

To answer your question, yep... I've been riding and building bikes when I'm not tilting back some beers or brewing coffee in my 50 year old glass percolator. Life is too short too short to drink cheap beer, drink lousy coffee, and ride crappy bikes!!!

Cheers!

-D-

vpc66
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

Post by vpc66 »

75 deg. ....lucky, though we were wearing t shirts and shorts just the other day and hope to be back real soon with that ! How bout some trail pic's, action shots even better !

zoltanka79
Never leaves
Never leaves

Post by zoltanka79 »

Things are looking much better, 25F right now, so i'll go skiing on sunday. And we might squeeze in a bike run for tomorrow. About that cheap beer and lousy coffee... they aren't that bad when you drink them with the right people ;) , but i totally agree with the crappy bikes, those are a nightmare to ride.
Zoltan

Derek
Never leaves
Never leaves

Post by Derek »

vpc66
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

Post by vpc66 »

That is ok Wild Man !

zoltanka79
Never leaves
Never leaves

Post by zoltanka79 »

Today i took my Cuda for a ride and all i can say is that it was so much fun. Lately i've been riding my enduro bike a lot, but today i felt that i need something else.... something with much more personality and style. So i decided to take that old gal out for a spin.
Attachments
IMG_0270.JPG
IMG_0270.JPG (3.42 MiB) Viewed 18177 times
2015-06-07 14.39.53.jpg
2015-06-07 14.39.53.jpg (1.65 MiB) Viewed 18177 times
Zoltan

vpc66
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

Post by vpc66 »

Yes I have, but I have done the opposite of you by leaving the Cuda for the old Single Speed. Plus I have been going to local bike show / swap meets working on that Prewar Colson I bought from Neo, and I was giving a 85 Mongoose Californian bmx bike which I should part out yet part of me would like to keep and build ( as if I don't have enough bikes that hardly get rode ) to keep for awhile. The bike show there was a guy on a Cook Bros. bmx that made me drool and think of the good old days, but I should sell the good parts and use money for a replacement FS build due to last one having a crack frame or a DJ frame set up more toward AM...
Attachments
056.jpg
056.jpg (101.75 KiB) Viewed 18173 times

mixalive

Post by mixalive »

Well, the good news is that it has finally stopped raining here in Austin and the ground is drying up. I just got back in town from some festival duty and am ready to ride.
93 A2R blue/white 14" Craigslist Austin, on the cheap
94 A2M silver/white 14" Cenna's Cycles SA, original owner
94 Cuda Comp purple/white 14" won on Ebay
95 XX Team gold/white 14" Craigslist Memphis