1995 - 15" Unlimited - KC4110128

A repository for serial numbers. Given some time, we can decode what the numbers mean, which will allow easier identification of the Barracuda frames.
Mark
Founder
Founder

1995 - 15" Unlimited - KC4110128

Post by Mark »

KC4110128

This bike has been posted for sale and I thought I'd add all this info to the database. :)

1995 Barracuda UNLTD. The frame is custom triple butted Easton aluminum with a Yeti-style teardrop top tube. The frame has a very professional purple pearl powder coat paint job (very little orange peel) done immediately after original purchase (I'm told) and is FLAWLESS. No dents, dings or even chips. The finish is perfect. Clear decals were placed in all rub areas, so there is not even any cable rub. It has sat unused for years and I am the second owner. The original owner was a racer in Southern California that kept this around as his back up and seldom rode it.

Frame dimensions are: seat tube 15" center to top of top tube, TT 22" c-2-c, HT 4.75 ", chainstay 16.25" c-2-c, seatstay 17.5" c-2-c, stand over 29.5", BB height 12.5"

Components are a dream-team of CNC anodized parts from the era and all are almost all to be considered in off-the-shelf new condition (noted otherwise):

Fork: RST Mozo Pro spring elastomer front fork with 3" travel. Custom polished to mirror shine
Hubs: Chris King Classic front and rear,purple anodized
Cassette: 8 speed 11-32 XTR M952 Titanium
Spokes: Double butted DT Swiss spokes
Nipples: DT
Rims: Mavic 217 SUP UB, laser straight and almost no sidewall wear
Rear Derailluer: Shimano XTR M900, high polished aluminum finish w/purple and blue anodized aluminum jockey wheels and cable guide
Front Derailleur: Shimano LX front (the weak, although dependable, link)
Headset: Vintage Chris King no threadset, black with purple top cap
Stem: KORE 120mm polished
Handlebar: Purple anodized Answer Hyperlite
Bar ends: Silver Answer aluminum
Brake Levers: Real blue anodized w/finger savers
Shifters: Gripshift Xray SRT 800X-81
Brake booster (rear): AC anodized blue
Seat collar: purple anodized seat collar clamp
Saddle: Vetta TT Trishock Vanadium rails (some scuffs, no tears). Can substitute a vintage Specialized Team S grey perforated Ti rail (some rash, but nice)
Brakes: Critical Racing cantilevers, purple and blue anodized combo + matching CNC hangers, Ritchey Logic pads
Crankset: Topline cranks anodized purple, blue spider 175mm
Chainrings: Platinum 48/38T, inner Salsa anodized purple 28T ring
Chainbolts: custom anodized alu
Pedals: Shimano PD-M747 SPD (very minor scuffs)
Bottom bracket: World Class Titanium
Cage: custom puple/blue spatter anodized Ti
Cage bolts: custom anodized purple
Skewers: Custom lock-on front and rear Ti shaft. anodized caps
Chain: Sachs
Tires: rear, Ritchey Omega Bite 2.1; front, Panaracer Hard Core Dart Compe 2.1 (mild cracking on both, but see extras...)

Extras:
-extra spring/elastomer kit for forks + RST adjustment key tool
-Extra sets of Critical Racing spring caps in blue and purple
-Trans-X skewer tool + extra anodized bits to convert skewers to quick release
-Specialized Team Master and Manitou Fang tires that are NOS
-Extra purple anodized brake booster
-extra XTR M900 derailleur for parts
-2 Cateye computers
-extra chainring bolts
-a small ziplock full of a bunch of other anodized pieces (barrel adjusters, spoke nipples, skewer ends, axle spacers etc.)

The bike is almost flawless. All cables and housing are perfect and are covered with cable jacket. It is 21.9 lbs as pictured. Serial number is on BB shell and is KC4110128. Not much more to say.

I could part all that stuff out for about $1600 (conservatively) on ebay, but I'd rather not do that. I'd like $1400 plus shipping. At that price I'll include my vintage Troy Lee Designs Edge Comp TL DH helmet (53-55cm), the matching purple FOX knee/shin guards, gloves and TOGA pull-on elbow pads, and a very nice pair of Vittoria Carbon Composite MTB SPD shoes in EU 41.
Attachments
100_2818.jpg
100_2818.jpg (278.61 KiB) Viewed 7909 times
100_2817.jpg
100_2817.jpg (275.65 KiB) Viewed 7909 times