Serial Number Search

A repository for serial numbers. Given some time, we can decode what the numbers mean, which will allow easier identification of the Barracuda frames.
longrider

Serial Number Search

Post by longrider »

I realize the company is long gone. But isn't there a way to contact the guys that ran the company to get a better database of models, serial numbers issued to each model, and the production run for each model? Where are these guys? Do they know you have this Totally Driven group of collectors?
My nephew owns an A2E that was repainted. The previous owner painted over the decals and made it unrecognizable. I started sanding the paint off to find it was an A2E. I'm not sure of how to restore this beast. The purest would say make it look like the original but that entails more work than either of us are willing to put into it. He just wants to ride.

Mark
Founder
Founder

Re: Serial Number Search

Post by Mark »

I believe the guys who ran the company are quite interested in keeping out of the spotlight; they made a few enemies when bills went unpaid.

Yeti doesn't have records that go back that far, and an inquiry to the other frame builders also turns up nothing. I'm afraid the trail has gone cold. It's simply a matter of documenting the serials we can, and holding onto those records. Enter yours here!

As far as restoration goes, you're going to be hard-pressed to get rid of the paint on top and keep the stuff on the bottom looking nice. You'll pretty much either have to lay down a new coat on top of everything there is now, and include some decals, or strip it down and then do that.

longrider

Post by longrider »

Thanks for the quick response to my post. I don't know how this will help you but here is the serial number on the frame I have. AE3120507 It's an A2E. Do you, or anyone you are in contact with, have decals for the head tube and down tube? Thanks for any help you can provide.

Mark
Founder
Founder

Post by Mark »

Hi LongRider,

Welcome to the site!

The information you've provided is great, can you also tell me what size your frame is and (if you know) what year it is? A picture will help me if you don't know these details.

Decals aren't too hard to come by, I've got some I've been working on, and some others on the site have had some re-created. There are some members on http://www.retrobike.co.uk that are undisputed experts with re-creating any decal you can think of.