Cuda Comp on Ebay

Barracudas looking for a home. Please post links to auctions, listings, etc.
cudarider1
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

Cuda Comp on Ebay

Post by cudarider1 »

If this was a bigger size I'd be all over it. Could be a nice deal for someone who rides a 14.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... K:MEWAX:IT
Attachments
comp.jpg
comp.jpg (41.21 KiB) Viewed 10158 times

manbeer
Never leaves
Never leaves

Re: Cuda Comp on Ebay

Post by manbeer »

Bidding for the mrs...
92 Easton * 93 A2X * 93 A2L * 94 A2MS * 94 Comp * 95 Comp * 96 A2E * 97 A2E * 97 XX Team * 97 A2F * 98 A2FS * 96 A2T and more

neo_pop_71

Post by neo_pop_71 »

When I saw Cudarider's posting I was stoked and couldn't believe my eyes :shock: ... so, I told my wife but the moment she heard the word bike, she was over it :roll: ... I started in about how great it would be for her and I got the evil eye :evil: ... now, I've been reduced to spectator :cry:

I knew the $1.00 opening bid and no reserve wouldn't last long but I didn't expect to see 3 different bidders jump in the matter of a few hours! This used to happen all the time over on the Vintage Chevy Van Club (VCVC) site, we were all clambering for those NOS or rare parts. Guys would call dibs but that never worked out well and someone was always pissed off at another member. I'd hate to see any of that mess happen here! Out of fairness to all, manbeer has already jumped in and let the board know, but there should be hard feelings if another 'Cudahead on here snipes the bike at the buzzer. Sorry Manbeer, I'm not trying to undermine you, I'm just trying to keep it open and fair because I don't think this has come up on this board as of yet. Feel free to correct me if I'm mistaken.

I can honestly say that I will definitely not be bidding... my wife just walked in and was massaging my shoulders until she saw the browser open to the Comp listing on Ebay. I know I'll have marks where those nails dug into my neck and shoulders, I could just barely see the horns as she silently turned and walked out :twisted:

Anyone care to weigh in on this? I'm curious what everyone else thinks.

How about any predictions for the buzzer? I'll kick it off with $265.00 closing amount.

Regardless, good luck and happy bidding to all, whether you're open or prefer to go stealth... it's sure to be a good one to watch!!!

-DON-

cudarider1
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

Post by cudarider1 »

Well said Neo, it is an auction and if someone wants it they should be able to bid according to how much they are willing to spend. I actually bid on the XX team that I think manbeer won about a moth ago and I was pissed that I didn't get it but had no ill feelings toward the winner (other than severe Jealousy) LOL.

neo_pop_71

Post by neo_pop_71 »

Oh yeah, that team bike was a goodie, I tossed a bid in early on too! There can't be any hard feelings, it's just not cool. I recall over on VCVC, two brothers that lived in the same town and both had '64 "Scooby Doo" vans, they were both after the same Ebay listing. When the one rubbed his win in the other's face, the losing brother went to his home and they got in a fight! The winner of the fight posted pictures of his brother after he kicked his butt, the forum had plenty to say and I recall the smilies... :shock: :lol: :? :x :o :roll: :( The brothers were threatened with having their memberships pulled and the postings were deleted. Obviously, that's extreme but things can get out of hand pretty quickly (especially with keyboard courage)! I just thought it was pathetic, kickin' your brother's "can" over car parts and a little ribbing... embarrASSing!!!

Hey Cuda, care to toss out a dollar amount prediction?

manbeer
Never leaves
Never leaves

Post by manbeer »

I'm not going that crazy on this one so if a fellow member really wants its let me know and i will back off. As long as it goes to a good home i will be happy. I've kind of been running a retirement home for neglected cudas here, every time i come across abused ones or things priced so low i feel they have the potential to fall in the wrong hands i jump in and snatch them up. I will keep buying indefinitely :)
92 Easton * 93 A2X * 93 A2L * 94 A2MS * 94 Comp * 95 Comp * 96 A2E * 97 A2E * 97 XX Team * 97 A2F * 98 A2FS * 96 A2T and more

Mark
Founder
Founder

Post by Mark »

It's a nice looking bike, I've always liked the way a smaller frame looks, rather than a larger one..

sithlord3
Never leaves
Never leaves

Post by sithlord3 »

I love my Comp....

cudarider1
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

Post by cudarider1 »

I'm horrible at picking prices but I'd say $275. It needs a new front shock but other than that looks in decent shape and it's a comp. If it was a 19 or so I'd pick it up.

Manbeer If you have any rescues around a 19 inch that you want to find a good home let me know! My a2m cracked over the summer so my cuda is stripped down and going to become wall art in my garage.

mixalive

Post by mixalive »

But 2000 miles on that bike? And the major dent on the Manitou?? That bike was rode hard.. It took me 6 hours to clean all the melted elastomer goop out of my Manitou to put springs in it. So expect to put in some work on this bike.
Last edited by mixalive on January 24th, 2011, 12:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
93 A2R blue/white 14" Craigslist Austin, on the cheap
94 A2M silver/white 14" Cenna's Cycles SA, original owner
94 Cuda Comp purple/white 14" won on Ebay
95 XX Team gold/white 14" Craigslist Memphis