Cuda Comp on Ebay

Barracudas looking for a home. Please post links to auctions, listings, etc.
neo_pop_71

Re: Cuda Comp on Ebay

Post by neo_pop_71 »

Thanks Cuda! I appreciate the high-5! No, I didn't bid on the bike, so I didn't set the closing amount. I've spent enough time around these bikes, not 'Cudas per se , but glory bikes from a cool time long gone... have you seen the price these days of a quality, American made, steel frame? It would blow your mind and turn your wallet inside out! :cry: You'd be lucky to find a local builder that could/would build you a frame out of Tange Ultimate for under a $1,000.00! :o My Reynolds 853 (very similar to Tange Ultimate) Smorgasbord frame came from a small builder in PA, in 1998 it cost $1,000.00 for the frame only, no extras and definitely no fork! I've looked at having a fork made by Ind. Fab. (IF) and a few other builders, it's generally around $450.00 to $600.00 for a rigid steel fork. :shock: Madness!!! So, I can see why a 3 pound steel race frame like a Comp could go for $300.00+ with shipping, that's a bargain!

-D-

mixalive

Post by mixalive »

Ok, Ok... I won the Cuda Comp... :mrgreen:
93 A2R blue/white 14" Craigslist Austin, on the cheap
94 A2M silver/white 14" Cenna's Cycles SA, original owner
94 Cuda Comp purple/white 14" won on Ebay
95 XX Team gold/white 14" Craigslist Memphis

Niika
Never leaves
Never leaves

Post by Niika »

Congratulations, mixalive! You're definitely the lucky duck tonight! Although I wanted it, I'm glad it went to someone here, and better yet, to someone in one of my favorite cities! I love Austin.

BTW, would you mind sharing your height? Just curious what height is best for the 14" frames.

neo_pop_71

Post by neo_pop_71 »

Hey Mix,

Congrats man, that's cool and I'm stoked for you! I thought so, when you pressed me on the restoration forum if I had any Manitou forks for trade. I was going to PM you later, I posted in the resto forum, but yes I have one... it's destiny... it's a Manitou "COMP" also!

Mix, you'll love that frame! MMMMMMMM... Tange Ultimate!!! My Smorgasbord is Reynolds 853, very similar to Ultimate tubing. The bike will ride like a dream! I know you'll treat it with respect but it'll still get used in the dirt, I hate trophy queens!

Again, congrats, it couldn't have gone to be better guy!

Best regards,

-DON-

p.s Now we have to bag into your home for SXSW, maybe I could take the misses car for a beer run?!!! Tell me again where you lost your yellow bike but found your hat?

neo_pop_71

Post by neo_pop_71 »

Niika,

You're a gracious individual, offering Mix(alive) a kind word proves your character, and I'm glad to have you on the forum. I promise you, we'll find you a 'Cuda that's just to your liking!

Keep positive!

Peace,

-DON-

cudarider1
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

Post by cudarider1 »

Congrats Mix, that's a great bike Like I said in the first post, if it was at least an 18 I would have been all over it. Nikka, take a look at the east coast cuda thread, I talked to the guy and he is willing to let it go really cheap, 16 inch is just too small for me at 6'2".

Niika
Never leaves
Never leaves

Post by Niika »

neo_pop_71 wrote:Niika,

You're a gracious individual, offering Mix(alive) a kind word proves your character, and I'm glad to have you on the forum.

Thanks! I never know what to think when people compliment me; I am always surprised. :)

One thing I will say is that when I first came to this forum I noticed almost straight away that there seemed to be a lot of nice people here, and my first thought was "well, it makes sense that people who love Barracudas would be nice people."

It made me feel even better that I love Barracudas so much -- it reinforced my feeling that cudas are special bikes -- and I felt happy to see that other people who appreciate Barracudas are such nice people. I know this probably wouldn't hold true 100%, but still, I do see it, and it's nice.

mixalive

Post by mixalive »

I think that is Neo and I on a double.. He must be adding life to his years.. Maybe not, riding with me..
Attachments
MixSXSWbeerRIDE.jpeg
MixSXSWbeerRIDE.jpeg (2.89 KiB) Viewed 9302 times
93 A2R blue/white 14" Craigslist Austin, on the cheap
94 A2M silver/white 14" Cenna's Cycles SA, original owner
94 Cuda Comp purple/white 14" won on Ebay
95 XX Team gold/white 14" Craigslist Memphis

neo_pop_71

Post by neo_pop_71 »

Niika, you nailed it! This place is full of nice people that are faithful in their love of Barracuda bikes! I just posted in another forum about how this "new" revived 'Cuda site is great... much closer group of people that actively post... it's got a nice (Barracuda) family vibe! There are other cycling sites that have been really helpful and other that are garbage, but when it comes to these "vintage" bikes, some people get pretty full of themselves. I'm not sure if it's because they have an amazing stable of high end bikes, they knowledge about the builders and period correct parts, or simply ego getting in the way. No thanks! I'm very happy to hang right here with my 'Cuda friends!

neo_pop_71

Post by neo_pop_71 »

Cool, thumbs up to another beer!

I still can't remember where I left my bike... thankfully Mixalive's yellow bike taxi service got me home safe and sound!

Cheers!

-D-

p.s. I'm thinking of bringing this sweet ride to Mix's home for his SXSW 'Cuda BBQ, get your cups ready!