Funny that...

Barracudas looking for a home. Please post links to auctions, listings, etc.
sithlord3
Never leaves
Never leaves

Funny that...

Post by sithlord3 »

funny that this is the most posted and chated in forum.....

neo_pop_71

Re: Funny that...

Post by neo_pop_71 »

Sith,

You were around (like I was and some others) from the previous life of this site, I recall enjoying some of your postings and comments. Help me out... I posted earlier today in the MEMBERS BIKES forum, mine is the '93 A2L, do you recall any of the other mods or custom bits that were done to these bikes? I remember there being a strong tech section and I'd like to see that come back. I'd like to get a catalog of customization and post it on the site.

Sorry Sith, I didn't mean to hijack your thread, I'm moving this to the restoration thread.

Thanks,

-DON-

p.s. That goes for any other vets of the old 'Cuda site and new members too, if you have done anything custom to your Barracuda... let's see it in the Restoration Projects forum.

manbeer
Never leaves
Never leaves

Post by manbeer »

Do any of you guys remember how last year there were a ton of Barracuda's on craigslist, and now there are prbably less than half of what there were? In addition, i'm seeing more lower end cuda's, mainly from the post buyout years. Last year i would see XX Teams quite regularly, a few Comps, a couple A2X's, A2T's etc, even an Easton or two. Now its mainly A2Z, A2B etc and even they are few and far between. I don't know if its just a seasonal thing or what gives :evil:
92 Easton * 93 A2X * 93 A2L * 94 A2MS * 94 Comp * 95 Comp * 96 A2E * 97 A2E * 97 XX Team * 97 A2F * 98 A2FS * 96 A2T and more

mixalive

Post by mixalive »

It is because Mark bought them all.. :roll:
93 A2R blue/white 14" Craigslist Austin, on the cheap
94 A2M silver/white 14" Cenna's Cycles SA, original owner
94 Cuda Comp purple/white 14" won on Ebay
95 XX Team gold/white 14" Craigslist Memphis

manbeer
Never leaves
Never leaves

Post by manbeer »

Yeah, damn hoarder!!! :mrgreen:

Sometimes i get a little possessed and have a tendency to buy out the market for a short period. Last year for like a month straight i snatched up every Sram ESP 9.0SL rear derailleur on ebay, and saw the price jump like 15-30 dollars on average to 50 or 60, probably because of me single handedly
92 Easton * 93 A2X * 93 A2L * 94 A2MS * 94 Comp * 95 Comp * 96 A2E * 97 A2E * 97 XX Team * 97 A2F * 98 A2FS * 96 A2T and more

sithlord3
Never leaves
Never leaves

Post by sithlord3 »

Dude I never EVER see any on Craigslist.....I have seen 1 this month....and your right it was lower end....I check every day with wishful hope but never find any.

Niika
Never leaves
Never leaves

Post by Niika »

I wasn't looking last year, but I must say I have been pleasantly surprised by how many Barracudas are popping up on craigslist... not that it's a ton, but I wasn't expecting any. I will continue to try to post the ones I find on craigslist as soon as they come up.

Mark
Founder
Founder

Post by Mark »

mixalive wrote:It is because Mark bought them all.. :roll:

LOL

You're right though, there was a surge of XX's and A2X's last summer. Perhaps we'll see some again when the weather warms up a tad..

manbeer
Never leaves
Never leaves

Post by manbeer »

I almost had a 95 Cuda Comp in good shape with liquified elastomers in the shock and flat tires for 40 bucks last summer and it was listed for like 2 weeks. I kept calling him but he wouldn't ship. Last year there were a lot of deals like that i came across, 75 dollars for my a2x, i saw an XX team for 50 bucks...

Mark
Founder
Founder

Post by Mark »

Yeah, totally weird about how people won't ship.

I came across a NOS set of Onza spd pedals and the chap wanted $30 for them. I called and asked if he'd ship; I'd pay for all shipping costs and even make the arrangements for Fedex to come pick up at his house, all that. He agreed and I hung up to make some calls.

I get a call about 30 mins later from the guy saying he changed his mind and wanted to sell them locally. I upped the price to $40 and he still declined.

Sometimes, I don't get people..