Funny that...

Barracudas looking for a home. Please post links to auctions, listings, etc.
Niika
Never leaves
Never leaves

Re: Funny that...

Post by Niika »

I think some people are just excessively worried about being scammed and are unable to discriminate between a safe transaction and an unsafe one. If it's not what they're used to they think it has to be unsafe.

manbeer
Never leaves
Never leaves

Post by manbeer »

Some people just don't want to put any effort into a sale too, like just take the cash and wheel it out of the house to the buyer. I've even offered, against my better judgement, to put cash in an envelope and send it to people without paypal and they often refuse. So frustrating, considering that almost every bike shop will ship bikes so it could be something as simple as them dropping it off and washing their hands of the matter.

Then again, if everyone was willing to ship and had paypal, there probably wouldn't be as many great deals to be found on CL. I have paid via cash 10x or so in the last year and have yet to be scammed, and this has yielded things like a RS Sid Team for 20 dollars, 3dv Ringle stem with answer hyperlites for 20 dollars, etc
92 Easton * 93 A2X * 93 A2L * 94 A2MS * 94 Comp * 95 Comp * 96 A2E * 97 A2E * 97 XX Team * 97 A2F * 98 A2FS * 96 A2T and more

Mark
Founder
Founder

Post by Mark »

Funny that you mention the bike shop. When I bought my prized XXTeam, the buyer didn't want the hassle of shipping, etc. I called the bike shop closest to him in Arizona, asked them to perform the necessary packing, etc, and they obliged. I paid the seller for the bike, and upon delivery to the bike shop, I paid them for their shipping services. I wound up with a sweet bike 3 days later. A bit more effort than I would have liked, but for a quality item, worth every penny.

mixalive

Post by mixalive »

And what about those sellers that call their bikes "Her" and "Baby". :roll: Those people are too sentimentally attached to sell their bikes. That or they are trying to high gross me.. I walk away from those deals. Like, I have to prove I am worthy to buy their bike..? Please..
Take the cash and just don't worry about what I am going to do with your baby.. :mrgreen:
93 A2R blue/white 14" Craigslist Austin, on the cheap
94 A2M silver/white 14" Cenna's Cycles SA, original owner
94 Cuda Comp purple/white 14" won on Ebay
95 XX Team gold/white 14" Craigslist Memphis

neo_pop_71

Post by neo_pop_71 »

Mix,

You're heartless! I'm not selling anything to you ever!!! All my babies have pet-names... none of my gals will ever forgive you for being so evil and mean! Sweet Goldie, she especially wants to do a bunny-hop on your spine and she wants to have a talk with your Comp when it arrives! I wouldn't cross her, she's tough as steel, well she is steel but still...

mixalive

Post by mixalive »

But you would never sell your babies, right?
93 A2R blue/white 14" Craigslist Austin, on the cheap
94 A2M silver/white 14" Cenna's Cycles SA, original owner
94 Cuda Comp purple/white 14" won on Ebay
95 XX Team gold/white 14" Craigslist Memphis

neo_pop_71

Post by neo_pop_71 »

Sure, how much 'ya got?

mixalive

Post by mixalive »

I rest my case..