Possibly parting with my 21" '97 A2T

Barracudas looking for a home. Please post links to auctions, listings, etc.
AZBarracuda

Possibly parting with my 21" '97 A2T

Post by AZBarracuda »

Hey all,
I'm new to the forum and found you guys when I was researching my A2T (I'm pretty sure it's a '97 {Blue and Silver}). I've really enjoyed my Barracuda and am glad to see all the enthusiasts out there. Anyway, I'm really looking at getting a road bike to start triathlons and was looking to see how much I could get for my A2T; it was pretty expensive back when I bought it. The bike is mostly stock, with me only having changed out the handlebars, bar riser and pedals. The bike is in great condition (besides a few chips in the paint); there are no cracks in the frame and it has rarely been ridden; it still looks pretty new. It's mostly just been hanging in my garage most of its life.

Here are the specs:
21" frame
Shimano Deore XT hubs and front derailleur
Sram 5.0 rear derailleur
Shimano STX RC brakes
Avid SD-2.0 brake levers
White Industries cranks
Rock Shox Judy front shock
Sun Rims CR17A wheels

I hate to part with the bike because it has been a really nice ride when I have taken it on the local trails, but, again, it's rarely used and I would really like to get a nice road bike. Do you guys have any estimate as far as how much I can get for this thing?

Thanks

manbeer
Never leaves
Never leaves

Re: Possibly parting with my 21" '97 A2T

Post by manbeer »

Well, I would love to be the one to give you good news but the market is not too hot for these bikes right now, or anything from this era besides things like yeti, klein, fat chance and a few other top tier brands.Barracudas have a very small (but loyal) following, but the sad reality is that they are often worth more in parts. The last A2T's that I saw went for 400-500, to give you a rough idea. I did see one for 800 last year but it was seriously hooked up. He was trying to sell it for months. Don't think it ever did end up selling. I would say your best bet would be trying to find someone looking to trade a road bike for an mtb. Your dollar will probably go further that way. I wish I could say that these things were worth more, and on occasion someone may pay a premium for something that they really desire but its a very limited market now
92 Easton * 93 A2X * 93 A2L * 94 A2MS * 94 Comp * 95 Comp * 96 A2E * 97 A2E * 97 XX Team * 97 A2F * 98 A2FS * 96 A2T and more

mixalive

Post by mixalive »

The older I get, the more I regret having parted with my cool toys of past. Saying that, I now resist the urge to part with things that I have become temporarily tired of, or am trying to justify selling to buy somthing else. I have already gone as far as to re-purchase toys I have parted with. My wife would say I have an issue in that respect, but I just like pulling my toys out now and then.
Last edited by mixalive on March 21st, 2011, 10:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.
93 A2R blue/white 14" Craigslist Austin, on the cheap
94 A2M silver/white 14" Cenna's Cycles SA, original owner
94 Cuda Comp purple/white 14" won on Ebay
95 XX Team gold/white 14" Craigslist Memphis

AZBarracuda

Post by AZBarracuda »

Thanks Mixalive and Manbeer, I really appreciate the replies. It is unfortunate that they aren't worth more, they are pretty cool bikes and I really enjoy mine. Manbeer, you're right in that I might get more bang for my buck with a trade; if the right trade comes along maybe I'll take that path. I should probably listen to Mixalive and just hang onto the thing for future use; it seems that I always regret selling things years later. Hey, at least I now know there's some other 'Cuda fans out there.

Thanks again guys,
Take care.

cudarider1
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

Post by cudarider1 »

We'd all love to see a picture if you could take one. That sometimes draws more interest. I would love to get my hands on a 21 inch cuda but since I just picked up the A2E my wife would kill me.