95 XX Team FOR SALE

Barracudas looking for a home. Please post links to auctions, listings, etc.
vpc66
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

Re: 95 XX Team FOR SALE

Post by vpc66 »

To each their own...Most folks would go crazy if you drop diamonds and gold at their feet....with me it would be Dive gear and Bike parts. That just makes it better for those of us that like Cudas if most could care less.
Relax and have deep water thoughts.

F.C.C.R Ride hard,Ride Fast.....Go Insane

neo_pop_71

Post by neo_pop_71 »

dennisk wrote:Before selling it, I actually took it into my local bike shop (ironically that use to sell barracuda bikes back in the day) trying to trade it in on something more my speed these days. They really liked the bike but declined to take it on trade. They said as cool as it was, for them to put the effort into fixing all the little issues it had and replacing some very worn parts (a requirement for re-sale at their shop), just wouldn't be worth it in the end. No room to make any money they said. I asked how much the bike would be worth if it was on Craigslist or something... as-is... he ultimately settled on $75.00 (with the disclaimer that it's truly worth what someone is willing to spend on it). :roll:

After all that, I felt good selling it for $125.00. The guy who bought it seemed pretty excited about it too. It's in a better place now AND i finally got a nice comfort bike for me to ride around with my wife and kids... and gentlemen... that's all I ever wanted in the first place.

Thanks Cuda Heads!

Me thinks that'll be the last we'll see of dennisk... just visiting I suppose.

vpc66
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

Post by vpc66 »

No doubt...It is a shame but his choice. Heck I ride my Cuda with the family plus I use clipless with Sidi Domintor shoes...not the best for walking around if you know what I mean. The pedals on that ride I would use my Vans(yes almost 46 years old and still wear Vans) which is what my family does on their bikes set up like my cuda...well the wife wanted a seat with a bit more padding. Thinking of not being around....what became of Manbeer or Sithlord...I was checking Manbeers bikes out the other day AGAIN dreaming.

neo_pop_71

Post by neo_pop_71 »

Yep... Manbeer still owes me a pair of Ringle "Peace Sign" cable hangers that I paid for right before he disappeared... kinda' screwed! Oh well, the whole goes around thing is cool with me as it'll come back to him. ;)

Sith- where the heck are 'ya? The baby gotcha wrapped up? C'mon man, don't pull a "Manbeer" on us!!! I expect your humor to contribute to the Friday picture thread ;)
Last edited by neo_pop_71 on May 4th, 2012, 3:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

vpc66
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

Post by vpc66 »

I see on the Fb part of this site the person that bought the bike was asking about it...

Mark
Founder
Founder

Post by Mark »

I really don't think this is anywhere larger than a standard 18", based on the length of the steerer. It'd have more of a gap between top and down tubes if 19 or 20.

willywill

Post by willywill »

Did anyone BIN off EBay? No one was biting (pun intended) on this Cuda...

cometdata2
Never leaves
Never leaves

Post by cometdata2 »

willywill wrote:Did anyone BIN off EBay? No one was biting (pun intended) on this Cuda...

No one bought it, emailed the seller a few days ago to see if they still had the bike & how much shipping would be to the U.K., they replied and said they still have the bike and will let me know on the shipping costs, still waiting for a reply on costs but he has not re-listed on Ebay and the add is still on craigslist for $500.

I know how much he paid so thinking might be able to negotiate on the selling price depending on shipping costs ;)

Mark
Founder
Founder

Post by Mark »

Keep looking. My last, I bought from a private seller in Arizona for $200.00 and I had him deliver it to the local bike shop, who crated it for $50 and I believe shipping was around $100.

cometdata2
Never leaves
Never leaves

Post by cometdata2 »

Thanks Mark,

I will have a go at getting the 98 XX Team from Germany

I am planning a trip to Florida next year, so will be definitely on the look out for some original Cuda's to take back on the plane, depending on what and how many I find might even strip down and ship back in multiple parcels.