12"Cuda in Durango w/ XX Team fork

Barracudas looking for a home. Please post links to auctions, listings, etc.
neo_pop_71

12"Cuda in Durango w/ XX Team fork

Post by neo_pop_71 »

http://westslope.craigslist.org/bik/3099885456.html

"Barracuda A2Z 12 " mountain frame...Cro mo......12 " center bottom bracket to center top tube... 21 1/2 " top tube
Needs parts...Team xx dos equis forks rigid.....( OK,,rigid forks with a team xx sticker on them) Excellent build for smallish ladie
or child........40 $ or ?????? Prefer pick up in Durango...May be able to deliver to Denver... Thanks dennis 97o 9o3 o762"

Nice little frame for any of you dads that want to build a bike for pee-wee. Heck, that fork is cool enough on its own!

-D-

mixalive

Re: 12"Cuda in Durango w/ XX Team fork

Post by mixalive »

That would be the cheapest Barracuda sold in 1995. Still a rare find.
93 A2R blue/white 14" Craigslist Austin, on the cheap
94 A2M silver/white 14" Cenna's Cycles SA, original owner
94 Cuda Comp purple/white 14" won on Ebay
95 XX Team gold/white 14" Craigslist Memphis

neo_pop_71

Post by neo_pop_71 »

I'd be willing to bet that the seller, Dennis, is the same nice guy that I bought Lisa Muhich's Barracuda Team race jersey from 18 months ago or so. Here is the link to the posting:

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=48&hilit=lisa

If memory serves, Dennis bought the jersey at Lisa's garage sale. They all live in Durango, he recalled the early days before mountain biking blew up in Durango. Oh yeah, Dennis is friends with Chris Herting from 3D Racing. Heck guys, the XX rigid fork may be something special because I've never seen a Cuda logo that spelled out BARRACUDA BICYCLE COMPANY... besides, no XX Team bike came with a rigid fork (at least not to my knowledge). God, I love it when car maintenance eats up all my Cuda play money!!! :cry:

-D-

*** edit: I just read the thread that I linked above... Chris Herting is his neighbor and friend. I know I recalled some certain bit and Dennis and Chris being close.

neo_pop_71

Post by neo_pop_71 »

Well, I just couldn't let it rest...

I had to follow up on this frame. I've been after a 12" frame to build for my little one, she's bombin' the trails on her BMX race bike and that's been fine (for a 7 year old) but she will need a proper trail bike. Turns out the frame belonged to Eric Sakadinsky, the '94 and '95 XX Team rider... that's where the XX Team sticker on the fork came from. I've made the tentative deal to have the frame shipped next week. Between now and when the frame arrives, my brain will be fantasizing about whether the A2Z was made in Durango or Taiwan. SSSSSShhhhhhhh... don't spoil it and rain on my parade! Let me dream, damn it!

Dos Equis-Barracuda Pro MTB Team 1993 at Cactus Cup season opener. R-to-L: Dave Southwell (owner), Scott Daubert (wrench), Lisa Muhich, Greg Orovitz, Tammy Jacques-Grewal, Eric Sakadinsky, Matt Smith

vpc66
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

Post by vpc66 »

Way COOL...always love it when one of the kids get a cool ride. She should have a blast with that one when you are done...will you keep the ridged forks on or ?? With history behind it that really makes it great,hope pictures will be coming along.
Relax and have deep water thoughts.

F.C.C.R Ride hard,Ride Fast.....Go Insane

neo_pop_71

Post by neo_pop_71 »

Thanks, I'm pretty stoked about it all coming together! It's been buggin' me for a week! My good brother Mixalive, The Modfather, questioned me when I posted it in the Marketplace because he's known that I've been after a 12" frame for some time. I had so many loose ends to tie up, it seemed only natural to toss it in front of the family, but then none of the Cudaheads seemed interested... that's when it really began to bug me! I guess I'm a fiend when it comes to these bikes. I don't have any desire to rebuild a large stable, been there and done that, but I do love piecing a build together (especially after I just sold my XT 8 speed group to Mix... doh!!!). I will be staying with the rigid fork because pee-wee is a daredevil and I'm not looking for any pogo-induced broken bones! Honestly, the rigid fork will be a great natural transition from 20" BMX to 26" MTN and suspension would only add one more wild card to the learning curve. I will be sure to get some pics up once I get into the frame a bit.

Peace,

-D-

mixalive

Post by mixalive »

Awesome frame.. And with a pedigree.. :mrgreen: Glad to see you picked it up, Neo.. I will get the next one.

neo_pop_71

Post by neo_pop_71 »

Thanks brother! I'm not done looking, I'll find another 12" and post it up. Kinda' cool thing... I was rummaging through some milk crates full of bike parts and I came across an early Kooka crank with the red, white (silver), and blue anodizing. That should look mighty nice on pee-wee's A2Z Cuda. I can hear her now, "C'mon dad, it's got to be chic 'n' stylish!" Only 7 and she is already kickin' my can down the road!!! :roll:

mixalive

Post by mixalive »

:lol:

vpc66
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

Post by vpc66 »

There were a few size 12 that came up while I was looking for parts for my Son...He loves my Cuda and died when I showed him a picture of Sithlords (I love that comp also I must say) but I did that 13" Trek for him because he will out grow it in a few years and if it was a Cuda it would kill me to let it go...His next bike if he stays in love with Cudas and the call of disk brakes and long travel does not change his mind ....well then you know that I will be on the look out for a Cuda for him.

But I for one will be waiting for the build pic's to see how it all works out for the final show. If you plan on leaving it ridgid have you thought of the gearing as well like a 1x ? or will you set up a normal 3 x ?. I know with my Son the front gearing gave him problems on his 24" wheeled Mtb but with the Trek he is ok....did take a few years of riding to get it though.
Relax and have deep water thoughts.

F.C.C.R Ride hard,Ride Fast.....Go Insane