"SCAM ALERT" 95 Dos Equis XX Team 19" $275 Now $300 Relisted

Barracudas looking for a home. Please post links to auctions, listings, etc.
cometdata2
Never leaves
Never leaves

Re: "SCAM ALERT" 95 Dos Equis XX Team 19" $275 Now $300 Reli

Post by cometdata2 »

Well one of our fellow Cudaheads has took a stand to this scammer, well done

our Cudasheriff has posted this
http://anchorage.craigslist.org/bik/3145894931.html

cometdata2
Never leaves
Never leaves

Post by cometdata2 »

The add on craigslist has been flagged (probably by the scammer)

I still have the add through my history, copied it below, it was worth a shot whoever is our Cudasheriff

"Scam Alert" 1995 BARRACUDA DOS EQUIS XX TEAM MOUNTAIN BIKE-ALL ORIGIN - $1 (BONIFACE)
This guy is trying to sell a lesser Barracuda bicycle with a XX Dos Equis sticker on the top tube. A genuine XX Dos Equis Barracuda is constructed of aluminum. The bike he is listing is constructed of steel. Compare the rear of his bike with a real XX, you can see the "hefty" frame tubes connecting at the rear axle. Also, all XX Dos Equis Barracudas are gold. The full picture is of an actual 95 XX Dos Equis Barracuda. Don't be fooled by imitations.
Attachments
scam.jpg
scam.jpg (18.82 KiB) Viewed 9464 times
scam2.jpg
scam2.jpg (67.88 KiB) Viewed 9464 times

neo_pop_71

Post by neo_pop_71 »

T h a t i s a w e s o m e ! ! !

Well done Mystery Cudahead, way to take the initiative!!! You've inspired to to sort this fool out... I have an idea... (more later)

Mark
Founder
Founder

Post by Mark »

I once ran across a team frame that was painted up red, but it was a one-off frame and I believe listed in a mag way back when.

Yeah, as said already, the tell for me was the steel frame; you can tell by how small (diameter) the rear triangle tubes are. The headset is also another giveaway. The rest falls into place. But seriously, who's going to pay that price for an XXTeam anyhow? ;)

cometdata2
Never leaves
Never leaves

Post by cometdata2 »

We have more Cudaheads fighting this scammer two listings now showing :D
#1 http://anchorage.craigslist.org/bik/3145894931.html
1995 BARRACUDA DOS EQUIS XX TEAM MOUNTAIN BIKE-ALL ORIGINIAL!! - $300 ((1001 BONIFACE PARKWAY#19L))
Attention: This guy is trying to sell a lesser Barracuda bicycle with a XX Dos Equis sticker on the top tube. A genuine XX Dos Equis Barracuda is constructed of aluminum. The bike he is listing is constructed of steel. Compare the rear of his bike with a real XX, you can see the "hefty" frame tubes connecting at the rear axel. Also, all XX Dos Equis Barracudas are gold. The full picture is of an actual 95 XX Dos Equis Barracuda. This bike is worth $125 at best. Don't be fooled by imitations.

#2http://anchorage.craigslist.org/bik/3145948398.html
Don't be Manbeer'ing the CudaHeads - $1 (igloo)
That's right. Don't be Manbeer'ing the CudaHeads with your cheaply upgraded Barracuda bicycle, Johnny. It takes more than a decal to make a Dos Equis team bike. Your bike was a basic $300 Barracuda when it was new and worth about $125 now. Someone may have stuck that decal on it and ripped you off, but it does not give you the right to rip the next guy off. I know you are seeing these posts, so you might as well update your ad with the correct info and get real..

mixalive

Post by mixalive »

Awesome..
93 A2R blue/white 14" Craigslist Austin, on the cheap
94 A2M silver/white 14" Cenna's Cycles SA, original owner
94 Cuda Comp purple/white 14" won on Ebay
95 XX Team gold/white 14" Craigslist Memphis

vpc66
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

Post by vpc66 »

He will be lucky to get $50.oo after the Cudahead onslaught.... :lol: .It might change the mind of the folks asking big bucks for some of the other Cuda bikes for sale knowing that they are being watched ....
Relax and have deep water thoughts.

F.C.C.R Ride hard,Ride Fast.....Go Insane