Barracuda A2V 1995 $375 USD Fort Collins CO

Barracudas looking for a home. Please post links to auctions, listings, etc.
septacycles

Re: Barracuda A2V 1995 $375 USD Fort Collins CO

Post by septacycles »

I decided to post on this forum because I knew it was a special frame with a good cult following. Just trying to put cool bikes in good peoples hands. This bike is on consignment... so it was listed as it came in... our shop did not do the cable routing or front shock replacement.

We get a fair amount of vintage bike stuff and I alway try to post on forums specific to that brand or classic and vintage restoration. We are a locally owned business and appreciate being able to post on this forum.

We will also entertain offers for just the frame or frame plus any components you want.

In the neighborhood... stop by the shop. www.gearageoutdoorsports.com

mixalive

Post by mixalive »

That is a nice frame.
These frames were not designed for such a long front end, which makes it steer kinda funky. And the rear V brake selection negates the factory cable routing.
But with a proper front end, correct brakes and routing, this bike should bring in $275-300. Add $50 for packing and $65 for shipping, you would have a good $400+ vintage bike.
You might make more on it if you part it out. Shipping on just a frame might be more attractive to a buyer. Just saying..
93 A2R blue/white 14" Craigslist Austin, on the cheap
94 A2M silver/white 14" Cenna's Cycles SA, original owner
94 Cuda Comp purple/white 14" won on Ebay
95 XX Team gold/white 14" Craigslist Memphis

neo_pop_71

Post by neo_pop_71 »

mixalive wrote:That is a nice frame.
I hope you did't get your feelings hurt too bad about the front end stuff. We have been picking on everybody about that, and you just happen to fall in the crosshairs. Nothing personal. Just having a little fun..
These frames were not designed for such a long front end, which makes it steer kinda funky. And the rear V brake selection negates the factory cable routing.
But with a proper front end, correct brakes and routing, this bike should bring in $275-300. Add $50 for packing and $65 for shipping, you would have a good $400+ vintage bike.
You might make more on it if you part it out. Shipping on just a frame might be more attractive to a buyer. Just saying..

+1

Too true brother Mix! Those extra costs ruin any "good deal" to be had :x