95 team xx frame and parts

Barracudas looking for a home. Please post links to auctions, listings, etc.
syklystt

95 team xx frame and parts

Post by syklystt »

well, after some kikking it around, I bought this bike...I wanted to add it to my collection or part it out to help finish a couple other bikes im building.
from looking at the other 95's that been for sale, these just arent as desireable as I would have thought. I remember these BITD and they always were cool looking bikes.
I am still unsure as what to do with it...why you ask....well....whomever pressed-in the headset (i was told it was originall but the cut length of the fork is real short..too short to be clamped by the stem fully) did a very bad job and the front lower headtube has what appears to be a crack in it. The guy said he rode it allot and never had a problem (but the bike is sooo nice, I dont think it got alot of use). I can get pics tonight but its they typical team frame from 95 that looks almost brand new...i didnt look it over too much, but it looks real nice. He also upgraded the brakes, stem, pedals and seat when he purchased the bike and gave me those parts too...along with the sales reciepts and owners manual.
I am keeping the new ringle setm for now and replacede it with the original.
here's my thoughts on it...i can either keep it as a collector with all original parts (i think even the tires are origs) or part it out (the frame is good for playing on but I wouldnt mountian bike on it in anything rough because of the crack). I want the fork, ringle stem, original brakes and brake levers and wheels...im also keeping the new xt shifters and v brakes.
Id either sell the entire bike (yes, I paid too much).....please make offer
or...sell the frame seperate and the parts seperate.
The seat has a small rip in the back, but other than that, its real nice (barracuda logo).
The blue/silver pedals look like they never been used
The seapost is a little faded (barracuda logo) but still real nice (fadeed as compared to the stem which was taken off right away and placed in a box).
The stem which was taken off right away and placed in a box (no barracuda logo).
The seat post clamp...nice...same color as post and stem.
The original grip shift stuff looks new still (taken off right away).
the handlebar looks real nice..also an early take-off (barracuda logo).
the onza barends look nice too.
cranks and deraileurs are up for grabs if I can get a good price, otherwise I'll just use them elsewhere.

so....anybody need some parts for a build or a real nice 18" frame that has a crack in it?

willywill

Re: 95 team xx frame and parts

Post by willywill »

Pics...

mixalive

Post by mixalive »

I might be interested in some of this, but I got to see pictures.
The size of the frame would be helpful. Go to the following link for correct measurement procedure:
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=479
93 A2R blue/white 14" Craigslist Austin, on the cheap
94 A2M silver/white 14" Cenna's Cycles SA, original owner
94 Cuda Comp purple/white 14" won on Ebay
95 XX Team gold/white 14" Craigslist Memphis

mixalive

Post by mixalive »

I guess this guy fell off the face of the earth. Don't be manbeering us, dude.. :roll:

neo_pop_71

Post by neo_pop_71 »

mixalive wrote:I guess this guy fell off the face of the earth. Don't be manbeering us, dude.. :roll:

Ha, a name and expression that I have not thought of nor heard in a good long time... thanks mi amigo for the giggle!!!

mixalive

Post by mixalive »

:lol: