A2BS 16" Ebay U.K. £50\$80 Start (Rudgwick\Sussex) Advice!!

Barracudas looking for a home. Please post links to auctions, listings, etc.
cometdata2
Never leaves
Never leaves

A2BS 16" Ebay U.K. £50\$80 Start (Rudgwick\Sussex) Advice!!

Post by cometdata2 »

I am very happy to actually post an add for a Barracuda in the U.K.

Please see first comment below

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/120984426881?
Seller ID:gareth68gareth
Item Number: 120984426881
End Time: (20 Sep, 201216:13:31 BST)

Mountain Bike
HERE I HAVE FOR SALE MY 16" BARRCUDA MOUNTAIN BIKE.

I'VE HAD THIS FROM NEW BUT NEVER GOT AROUND TO USING IT MUCH, SO IT'S SPENT MOST OF ITS LIFE COLLECTING DUST.

IT'S ABOUT 7 YEARS OLD AND IT'S NEVER BEEN OFF ROAD, JUST TO THE SHOPS AND BACK WHEN I FIRST GOT IT

I'VE GIVEN IT A WASH AND AN OIL AND EVERYTHING SEEMS TO WORK AS IT SHOULD APART FROM THE FRONT SHOCKS

THAT HAVE STIFFENED UP THOUGH LACK OF USE, I'VE BEEN TOLD IT JUST NEED SOME PENITRATING OIL TO FREE THEM

IT HAS LITTLE CHIPS HERE AND THERE BUT APART FROM THAT, ITS IN GOOD CONDITION, COST ME A FORTUNE NEW.

BOUGHT AS SEEN, NO RETURNS, CASH ON COLLECTION ONLY, AND GOOD LUCK.
Attachments
1.jpg
1.jpg (64.92 KiB) Viewed 5734 times
2.jpg
2.jpg (59.03 KiB) Viewed 5734 times
3.jpg
3.jpg (64.76 KiB) Viewed 5734 times
4.jpg
4.jpg (61.58 KiB) Viewed 5734 times
5.jpg
5.jpg (41.41 KiB) Viewed 5734 times
Last edited by cometdata2 on September 15th, 2012, 11:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

cometdata2
Never leaves
Never leaves

RE:A2BS 16" Ebay U.K. £50 Start (Rudgwick\West Sussex) Advic

Post by cometdata2 »

Advice required Please

I am having a little trouble with this one, the seller bought it new from the states on holiday, so I do not think he would have rebuilt this, the colour scheme matches my 97 catalogue picture but my 97 A2BS was the silver and white which according to bikepedia was the only colour option for the 97 A2BS and the 98 colour options were the silver & white and the red & white. the model was only made for two years I believe.
My catalogue picture shows the tree amigos sticker on frame and for most models for that year, but I know this was not the case as I never had it on my 97 cuda and I have never seen any 97 bikes with it and according to the comparison part of the site it says they were only on bikes from 93 to 95.

Did they make prototype models before putting to production hence the differences from the model released?

picture attached from catalogue

The bike looks like it has had very little use and though the frame would be a little small for me I do like the colour scheme, I have tried to see if the seller would allow a courier to collect if they could box it. I also offered to send a box to him and give him a few days and then arrange the courier to collect again and he still said collection only, so does not look like I will be getting this one as it would be a 10 hour round trip.

can any of you help with the points above thanks
Attachments
a2bs.jpg
a2bs.jpg (419.03 KiB) Viewed 5733 times

mixalive

Re: A2BS 16" Ebay U.K. £50\$80 Start (Rudgwick\Sussex) Advic

Post by mixalive »

I likey likey..
93 A2R blue/white 14" Craigslist Austin, on the cheap
94 A2M silver/white 14" Cenna's Cycles SA, original owner
94 Cuda Comp purple/white 14" won on Ebay
95 XX Team gold/white 14" Craigslist Memphis

Mark
Founder
Founder

Re: A2BS 16" Ebay U.K. £50\$80 Start (Rudgwick\Sussex) Advic

Post by Mark »

Here's where the water gets a little murky..

Think about things from a standpoint of stock. When the original company went under, the new company picked up the pieces and tried to keep all things as normal and similar as possible.

I believe we'll end up seeing some post 95 models with some similarities to the pre-95 models. Ross might have manufactured a few new frames and used up old stock (stickers, etc) while they had them.

I don't believe we'd see any prototypes of the lower end models.