Cuda (Ross made) A2Z in Mix's backyard

Barracudas looking for a home. Please post links to auctions, listings, etc.
neo_pop_71

Cuda (Ross made) A2Z in Mix's backyard

Post by neo_pop_71 »

http://austin.craigslist.org/bik/3635604690.html

A2Z Barracuda Women's Hybrid Bike - $150 (MoPac & Anderson Ln. )

We have for sale an older, but very dependable (and USA built!) A2Z Barracuda mountain bike. This bike has been in storage for some time, and has only been out once in the last few years for my wife to ride on the hike/bike trail downtown. We need some more storage space, so this bike has got to go.

The bike has a 16" aluminum frame and easily fits my wife, who is about 5'2". The fork is genuine Rock Shox, and the bike has 8x3 gears with grip shifters. The tires were recently replaced with Forte Gothams, which is a durable hybrid tire. The saddle has been upgraded to a gel padded model. The bike is in good condition, but has developed a bit of rust on some of the bolts, fasteners, and chain from being storage. After a decent tune-up, this well-built bike should be an excellent commuter or leisure bike. We are asking $175, but will entertain other offers.

Email me for questions. Thanks!

It blows me away how people will just make up whatever they want to sell something... Women's and Hybrid... 'da hell?!!! :roll:

mixalive

Re: Cuda (Ross made) A2Z in Mix's backyard

Post by mixalive »

Yep.. Right down the street. Looks like a 14" to me. I have an exta shipping box. If someone wants it, I can ship it to you.
93 A2R blue/white 14" Craigslist Austin, on the cheap
94 A2M silver/white 14" Cenna's Cycles SA, original owner
94 Cuda Comp purple/white 14" won on Ebay
95 XX Team gold/white 14" Craigslist Memphis

mixalive

Post by mixalive »

So what's the deal. No one wants it?
93 A2R blue/white 14" Craigslist Austin, on the cheap
94 A2M silver/white 14" Cenna's Cycles SA, original owner
94 Cuda Comp purple/white 14" won on Ebay
95 XX Team gold/white 14" Craigslist Memphis

neo_pop_71

Post by neo_pop_71 »

I don't think anyone is buying these days, case in point, the $100.00 Cuda Comp with a fresh tune up and new tires is still for sale after 3 months!

:shock:

I market is officially dead except for $50.00 or less Cudas, all those ads I've found have been deleted by the owners.

Kinda' sad...

vpc66
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

Post by vpc66 »

My wife like the bike but it would be a fools move to get another bike for her if I was able,hell she does not ride the Schwinn s30 I set up for her and that cheap Specialize single speed I did she fell in love with the colors on it and rode it once....I have 12 bikes siting around and that is what most do...just sit. I love to play with the bikes and put them together but after that single speed build and riding it for a bit of time I realized the only bike I truly love to ride is my Cuda. My son had trash his old school bike and has a walmart Mongoose trick bike and because of all the kids in the neighbor hood ride that type of bike, it has become his go to bike over that Trek I built for him .... I will not let him ride the Trek to school..to me no good bike should go through the rain and trashing kids do to bikes there....I know Don you hate Treks..it is still a nice bike and far more money put into it than a Wally World bike. Part of me would like to have the frame for my wife or son yet it really would not be worth it being a Ross era and the fact that I don't think it would get use. By the way WHY are the cables on top of the top tube...I thought Cuda's used the foil shape top tube with cables on the side,at least all the Cuda bikes that I have seen?
Relax and have deep water thoughts.

F.C.C.R Ride hard,Ride Fast.....Go Insane

neo_pop_71

Post by neo_pop_71 »

Don't beat yourself up over the lack of use by your spouse, most guys I know that ride have bikes for their wives that hardly ever get used. It's just one of those things, something has to click for them. We were sold as kids on our BMX bikes... instantly lifers... most girls didn't ride for kicks or maybe they did on a beach cruiser is junior high as a means to get out of the house and away from mom and dad.

You're partially correct about me and my love/hate for Trek. I love the older American made lugged Treks, road and dirt, mostly those up through the early 1990's. I hate Trek's desire to out-gobble Giant for cycling supremacy, it kicked off in the early to mid-90's and didn't stop until the 2004 or so. Think about the important developers that got bought and and basically killed aside from retaining the power of their name to sell parts... Fisher, Bontrager, Lemond to name a few plus some cool CNC/anodized part companies that were put under.

I actually own two Treks right now, I have a 1984 Trek 460 lugged Tange race bike, and I have a 1992 lugged True Temper OX II frame with the coolest production rigid lugged Tange fork that I've seen. Both bikes were produced in Waterloo, WI and there is no way I could reproduce either frame today short of spending a fortune on a small builder. I'll gladly snag up every USA Trek that I come across that is being sold for a fair price.

vpc66
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

Post by vpc66 »

So another ride for the stable?
Relax and have deep water thoughts.

F.C.C.R Ride hard,Ride Fast.....Go Insane