A2M team frame and parts

Barracudas looking for a home. Please post links to auctions, listings, etc.
syklystt

A2M team frame and parts

Post by syklystt »

I purchased an A2M....the dos equis team bike from a local person about a year ago. The bike is in nice condition but unfortunately, the orig owner decided to convert to threadless so he can run a pretty red ringle stem...well, he cracked the lower front portion of the headtube by pressing the headset in incorrectly.
So, I have a frame for cheap if someone wants it...and also some parts from the bike..like branded handlebars, stem...seatpost clamp....one main thing I got is the pedals...they are blue and silver and appear to have been taken off before riding the bike...they look mint (came in a box)...I would like to sell or trade this stuff if somone wants/needs them.

vpc66
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

Re: A2M team frame and parts

Post by vpc66 »

Do you have pictures and what size is the frame...You did see the post that Mix did on fixing cracks in the frame, just in case you would like to keep it and fix the thing.
Relax and have deep water thoughts.

F.C.C.R Ride hard,Ride Fast.....Go Insane

vpc66
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

Post by vpc66 »

By the way, as far as I know the XX was the team bike plus the A2M ran a threadless fork already so I am not sure about the person before you cracking the head tube installing a headset unless you know the person and fact that they did it then....We love our Cudas but they are well known for cracks, heck my seat tube has one.
Relax and have deep water thoughts.

F.C.C.R Ride hard,Ride Fast.....Go Insane

syklystt

Post by syklystt »

actually, the guy didnt even know there was a crack (so he says), i noticed it right away when I was inspecting it to purchase. I have no intention of fixing it but I'll look at the how-to for future ref. anyhow (thanks). I just figured that it would be a good wall hanger since it looks real nice and they have that cool xx paintjob on them.
I purchased it for some of the pars and the black/white marzochhi that was on it...oh, and the red rimgle stem. I'm using the cranks, brake levers, brakes and rims for another build. The guy removed the stem, handlebars, pedals, shifters, brake levers after a couple rides and upgraded to shimano shifters and aheadset. He gave me all the other stuff in a box, I believe it also has all the manuals and associated documents. The pedals look like they were taken off right away as there's no scratches on them at all. I figured that someone prob has a showbike that may be able to use them. The manuals are up for grabs too (i'll sell cheap (make an offer) or trade)....if nobody want the stuff I'll just use the pedals on another build and file the docs for now. I'm not a fan of the bikes (nor do I dislike them), i just always prefered full suspension bikes so rigid aluminum is not my cup-o-tea. I raced aginst the team back in the nineties and always respected any company that sent a team around the circuit.
I'll get some pics up soon.

mixalive

Post by mixalive »

Reinforcement of XX head tube:
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=357
93 A2R blue/white 14" Craigslist Austin, on the cheap
94 A2M silver/white 14" Cenna's Cycles SA, original owner
94 Cuda Comp purple/white 14" won on Ebay
95 XX Team gold/white 14" Craigslist Memphis

mixalive

Post by mixalive »

What is the size of your frame?
93 A2R blue/white 14" Craigslist Austin, on the cheap
94 A2M silver/white 14" Cenna's Cycles SA, original owner
94 Cuda Comp purple/white 14" won on Ebay
95 XX Team gold/white 14" Craigslist Memphis

syklystt

Post by syklystt »

mixalive wrote:What is the size of your frame?

I belive its a medium...I'll get pics tonight.

syklystt

Post by syklystt »

I will also get some dimensions and/or serial numbers so it can be checked out for sizing....I just read the headtube fix (which would work great for this frame as the crack is on the lower front center of the headtube).