Too many bikes * Pee-Wee's replacement

Barracudas looking for a home. Please post links to auctions, listings, etc.
neo_pop_71

Too many bikes * Pee-Wee's replacement

Post by neo_pop_71 »

Hey gang,

If any of you need a tiny 12" Cuda for your kids or significant other, I'm planning on dumping Pee-Wee's Cuda. I haven't touched it yet, I'm not rushing but I do need to unload it since I picked her up something else for her 8th birthday recently. Mind you, she is still just a tad too short to be comfortable on a 26" wheel bike but she is almost there. Here is a link to the bike's posting:

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=664

Here is my newest purchase, the bike is a 1988 Easton Reflex ALX99, a sweet bonded (threaded tubes with adhesive) frame utilizing Easton 6061 E9 aluminum alloy main tubes coupled with Ishiwata EX wishbone rear stay, chainstays, and a beautiful lugged Ishiwata EX rigid fork. Add to the great frame a full Shimano XT package and you have one sweet ride! The bike was a wallet buster when new 25 years ago, it would have set you back $900.00! A cool detail rarely seen, the frame has anodized E9 tubes with metal flake hot pink paint on the Ishiwata EX CrMo steel... pretty trick then or now! Another interesting bit about this Reflex ALX99 beyond being designed by Jeff Lindsay of Mountain Goat Cycles, it is special enough to be included in MOMBAT's collection. I've included MOMBAT's write up on Reflex ALX99 as well as the link.

http://mombat.org/MOMBAT/BikeHistoryPages/Reflex.html

I know I'm a traitor but that's how it goes when a rare jewel that's bone stock and basically brand new lands in your lap for $50.00, you snag it and ran as fast as possible before the owner changes their mind! Besides, my daughter's two favorite colors are blue and pink... call it destiny or whatever... she loves it and can't wait to ride it!

Here is a full write up with plenty of pictures:

http://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.ph ... st15610101

Let me know if any of you want this 12" Cuda frame, I'll likely grab the XT components but leave you the NOS Odyssey Toro Pro headset, the NOS 80mm Barracuda quill stem, new DK seatpost, and you can have the cranks with the bottom bracket.

Thanks!

-D-

vpc66
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

Re: Too many bikes * Pee-Wee's replacement

Post by vpc66 »

Sorry to read that the Cuda will go yet understand....as long as she is happy that is truly what matters anyway!
Relax and have deep water thoughts.

F.C.C.R Ride hard,Ride Fast.....Go Insane

neo_pop_71

Post by neo_pop_71 »

Yeah, I know, but it's a no-brainer for me... low end 'Cuda versus ultra rare gem that has tailor made colors and an unused XT group... done deal! What kills me is I spent more on the 'Cuda when you add the cost of the frame plus shipping from Durango, not to mention the new needle bearing headset, 'Cuda stem, and the other parts. Hell, I have way more into the 'Cuda... good luck getting that back! Oh well, I just figure if anyone will appreciate it and make use of it, it'll be The Cudaheads. The problem is you old farts have kids older than mine, so I think the window of usefulness has closed (hopefully not but wishing for Derek to reproduce scares me more than eating the cash).

:lol:

Cheers!

-D-

mixalive

Post by mixalive »

So basically, we are talking about:
frame, fork, headset, stem, handlebars, brake calipers, seatpost, and assorted cables.
How much we looking at?
93 A2R blue/white 14" Craigslist Austin, on the cheap
94 A2M silver/white 14" Cenna's Cycles SA, original owner
94 Cuda Comp purple/white 14" won on Ebay
95 XX Team gold/white 14" Craigslist Memphis

vpc66
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

Post by vpc66 »

But a baby from Derek could end up with his manly man height and start off on the Cuda where as our kids had to use a Play School bike .
Relax and have deep water thoughts.

F.C.C.R Ride hard,Ride Fast.....Go Insane

neo_pop_71

Post by neo_pop_71 »

mixalive wrote:So basically, we are talking about:
frame, fork, headset, stem, handlebars, brake calipers, seatpost, and assorted cables.
How much we looking at?

Sure, that'll work I suppose, but with a few changes. I can disconnect the XT shift/brake pods and leave the brake housing and cables in place for future reconnection. I wasn't considering leaving the Tioga handlebar, that one is going to stay with me. I'm willing to include the following parts with the frame and fork:

bottom bracket
crank
front derailleur (not the XT but I have others)
cantilever brakes calipers (cables already hooked up and ready)
headset
Barracuda stem
brake housing & cables
seatpost
binder bolt

As far as the price, that be whatever the market (you guys) think it's worth. I'm willing to take any reasonable offer.

Thanks!

-DON-