New Barracuda XX Team Bike on Ebay

Barracudas looking for a home. Please post links to auctions, listings, etc.
oldschool

New Barracuda XX Team Bike on Ebay

Post by oldschool »

New Barracuda XX Team Bicycle Tree Mountain Bike. Is this possible? Says a quantity of two. Crazy!!!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Barracuda-XX-Team-Bicycle-Tree-Amigos-Mountain-Bike-/270985868152?pt=US_Bicycles_Frames&hash=item3f18043378

vpc66
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

Re: New Barracuda XX Team Bike on Ebay

Post by vpc66 »

Somebody with NOS from when Ross did their blow out.....
Relax and have deep water thoughts.

F.C.C.R Ride hard,Ride Fast.....Go Insane

neo_pop_71

Post by neo_pop_71 »

Vinny is dead on again! Back in 2002/2003 you could go online and pick up a XX Team bike of a Comp new in the box for $199 with $59 shipping and handling. Sure the guy sat on 'em for a decade but $50 a year storage fees is your choice to choke down. I bought a couple and I can tell you with all confidence that those Barraucdas that Ross was blowin' out the doors had no quality control, yes there were missing parts, and hell yeah they would require a $75 to $100 full tune up at your LBS. I dumped the pair I bought as quickly as I received them. The Cuda Comp that Vinny has, the ones made shortly after the buy out in mid-'96 by Ross are every bit as good as any other Cuda Comp! Same custom extruded tubing, same components, and same emphasis on American quality control... six years later they had been reduced to a sorry representation of their former selves!!! Buyer beware... enough said!

vpc66
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

Post by vpc66 »

:oops: ....Geeee...Thanks for the kind words on my early Ross Comp " D " . And yes I did not buy mine from mail order during the blow out but right from the owner of the local Cuda dealer..as said it was the frame used by his wife as her race bike. I fell in love with Cuda bikes at his shop in the early 90's and when I bought the frame in the late 90's I did not know there had been a change till I join this site and learn more about the brand.
Relax and have deep water thoughts.

F.C.C.R Ride hard,Ride Fast.....Go Insane