'95 GT Zaskar - worth the asking price in parts!

Barracudas looking for a home. Please post links to auctions, listings, etc.
neo_pop_71

'95 GT Zaskar - worth the asking price in parts!

Post by neo_pop_71 »

Hey all,

This GT Zaskar popped up and being the huge Zaskar fan that I am I was instantly interested. Having taken a closer look, it's better than initially expected, it's a great American made frame right here near me in Santa Ana, CA (even with the dent) but the vintage anodized aftermarket components are worth well more than the asking price. The Zaskar was the race bike to have back in the early 90's, I raced clydesdales on one for three seasons. Here is the seller's description...

"Selling a 1995 GT Zaskar mountain bike with many custom anodized parts. Bike does have a dent in the frame as shown in photos. Included on bike are answer hyperlite handlebars, Kooka cranks, Sella stratos seat, Ringle stem, Kenda excavator tires, Shimano components, Manitou shock, Kore seat post. Selling for $125 obo"

The seller forgot to mention the SR/Sakae Low-Fat pedals (the lightest pedal made back then) and the Ringle MOJO Peace sign cable hangers (these fetch 25-35 bucks each all day long on Ebay)... BONUS!!!

Why am I posting this instead of buying... the seller did not leave any contact info...duh!

See for yourself:

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/wst/bi ... 71140.html

Would you but it for the the vintage anodized CNC components?

zoltanka79
Never leaves
Never leaves

Re: '95 GT Zaskar - worth the asking price in parts!

Post by zoltanka79 »

That's a bargain. The crankset and stem would go for more than that. Could it be that somebody is trying to make fun of the retro crowd... not posting any contact info?
Zoltan

vpc66
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

Post by vpc66 »

My guess is they forgot or wanted to keep private, Craigs list has a notice on bottom of ad stating if no contact info they can get in touch via E-mail and they give a spot where you click to let them know you want to get in touch. Guys I work with dislike Craigs list because it is open and you meet the folks, one has told me if I ever use it to met person away from home in a open safe place with back up. I kinda laugh about them being wigged out over it but the way things are these days you can never tell.
Relax and have deep water thoughts.

F.C.C.R Ride hard,Ride Fast.....Go Insane

neo_pop_71

Post by neo_pop_71 »

Man, it's killing me... this is my 3rd day in a row that I've clicked that magic button that vpc66 spoke about, I keep praying that the seller will update his posting and I'll be in the right place at the right time and snag that bit of vintage joy. God, the treasure chest of parts is a steal but then on top of that you get a seriously cool race frame for basically free!!! I'll keep trying with my fingers crossed...

-D-

vpc66
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

Post by vpc66 »

May the bike gods bless you, but from the pic of your garage will you be able to find space for it ?
Relax and have deep water thoughts.

F.C.C.R Ride hard,Ride Fast.....Go Insane

neo_pop_71

Post by neo_pop_71 »

Ha- good point Big V. but when one can pick up a Santa Ana, CA made Zaskar with that many choice components... you make room... those deals are amazing and certainly don't come by very often. The old expression, if you snooze, you lose! That absolutely applies to this one for sure!!!

mixalive

Post by mixalive »

And a nice Manitou to boot..
93 A2R blue/white 14" Craigslist Austin, on the cheap
94 A2M silver/white 14" Cenna's Cycles SA, original owner
94 Cuda Comp purple/white 14" won on Ebay
95 XX Team gold/white 14" Craigslist Memphis