Looking for a fork for the A2T

Posts related to the restoration of Barracuda bikes.
neo_pop_71

Re: Looking for a fork for the A2T

Post by neo_pop_71 »

Niika,

That's a great fork! I've always been a big fan of the Marz Bomber forks, especially the Air Lite Bomber! Marz was putting out an awesome fork in the later 90's and they still are from what I've read and been told by friends. Those Italians have a knack for building quality cycling gear!

-D-

manbeer
Never leaves
Never leaves

Post by manbeer »

I loved my 98-99ish jr t. Marzocchi is one of the plushest forks, albeit a bit heavy
92 Easton * 93 A2X * 93 A2L * 94 A2MS * 94 Comp * 95 Comp * 96 A2E * 97 A2E * 97 XX Team * 97 A2F * 98 A2FS * 96 A2T and more

Niika
Never leaves
Never leaves

Post by Niika »

Well, I got the fork. I probably paid a little too much for it ($101 including shipping), but at least I don't have to keep waiting and searching.

neo_pop_71

Post by neo_pop_71 »

Dropping $81.00 for a Marz Bomber is a good price! You'll be very happy with that fork, it'll go great on your A2T! I would grab up every Bomber or White Brothers fork under a $100.00, I had a few of both and they are solid and last forever with very little upkeep. Niika, your A2T is shaping up nicely! Congrats!

-D-

Niika
Never leaves
Never leaves

Post by Niika »

Thanks Neo. Yeah, I think I'll like the fork. The only reason I think I paid a little much is because I've seen some in better condition that sold for less, but I didn't want to wait so I was willing to pay more for it.

Here's one I think I would've liked that no one even bid on. In the description it mentions Fairfax, CA, which is the town where I was born:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Marzocchi-Bomber-z2 ... 500wt_1069

Niika
Never leaves
Never leaves

Post by Niika »

The manitou comp that was sold has been relisted.

http://cgi.ebay.com/manitou-answer-comp ... 500wt_1069

Niika
Never leaves
Never leaves

Post by Niika »

The fork I ordered FINALLY arrived. It took ages to get here, and it looks pretty beat up, but seems to be functioning well. The steer tube needs to be cut, so I took it to my local bike shop to be assembled... it should be ready in a couple days...

mixalive

Post by mixalive »

Can't wait to see the photos..
93 A2R blue/white 14" Craigslist Austin, on the cheap
94 A2M silver/white 14" Cenna's Cycles SA, original owner
94 Cuda Comp purple/white 14" won on Ebay
95 XX Team gold/white 14" Craigslist Memphis

Niika
Never leaves
Never leaves

Post by Niika »

I hope it works out OK. The guy at the local bike shop is not winning my confidence. He says that the guy who disassembled the bike (Bo) overdid it, and that he might have actually messed up the shifters by unnecessarily loosening the screws that hold the things together. He says that he's not sure they'll ever work again, AND that he's never opened a shifter in his 15 years experience working on bikes. :( I just hope he doesn't screw it up if it's not already too late.

mixalive

Post by mixalive »

Opening up the shifters is what I consider normal maintenance. To replace a cable, the shifter has to be opened up.. Not a good sign, Niika..
93 A2R blue/white 14" Craigslist Austin, on the cheap
94 A2M silver/white 14" Cenna's Cycles SA, original owner
94 Cuda Comp purple/white 14" won on Ebay
95 XX Team gold/white 14" Craigslist Memphis