1993 Barracuda A2X

Posts related to the restoration of Barracuda bikes.
Mark
Founder
Founder

Re: 1993 Barracuda A2X

Post by Mark »

Image[/quote]

What rims and tires are you using in this pic?

M

neo_pop_71

Post by neo_pop_71 »

Hey all,

I was over on Retrobike and stumbled across CTK's A2X build... he finished it and ir looks great as a "Dirt Drop" bike!!! I love it as I've always been a Johnny T. fan and he won the World Champs on his "Dirt Drop" bike. I've attached a couple of pics of CTK's bike.

Enjoy!

-D-

p.s. CTK, no offense intended man with regard to posting your bike, I just figured the gang of 'Cudaheads would enjoy seeing your build. My apologies for beating you to post, I just figured you're busy with your little man... future 'Cudahead in training! How's he doing? Do you have an updated picture for us?

ctk
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

Post by ctk »

I was just about to... thanks for posting the pics mate 8-) , it rides great. Dirt drops was a good option for me because the frame is so long and low I needed to raise the front end a bit. I like to have a couple of different positions to move between so the drop bars work for me.

I have a black spacer for the headset and I need to adjust the angle of the bars and posistion of the brake levers. Setting up the rear brake was a right pain in the bum! No cable adjuster on the brake lever meant my usual way of doing things was out of the window.

Mark the rims in the period correct-ish build are Campag Stheno and the tyres are IRC Mythos. I still have the Stheno rim on the back but the front one is now a Mavic 317 disc rim.

ctk
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

Post by ctk »

neo_pop_71 wrote: I just figured you're busy with your little man... future 'Cudahead in training! How's he doing? Do you have an updated picture for us?

Here you go mate, 7 months on the 8th. He is a very smiley baby but I love this pic!

Can't wait to get him on a bike seat!