Ringle Parts

Posts related to the restoration of Barracuda bikes.
frankbullitt

Ringle Parts

Post by frankbullitt »

I figure a Barracuda forum is just about as good a place as any to bring this up. Does anybody have a GOLD ano Ringle H20 bottle cage they would be willing to trade me for a purple one. I do not have the original 3 washers nor the L-hook so you could keep that if you are lucky enough to have all the hardware. Mine is the regular model (I believe they made an XC ultra light which was more minimalistic). Mine is in excellent condition and I will post pics if anyone is interested.

Check out the M.O.M.B.A.T website. I stumbled upun it a few months back and realized its physical location was about an hours drive from where I live. It's part of First Flight Bikes in Statesville, NC. My brother and I went there one weekend about two months ago and were completely and totally blown away by how much super, super, super-rare stuff they had. It's fair to say that what they display on the website is something like 5 to 10 percent of the collection of bikes and parts from the mid 80's to late 90's. They had MULTIPLE boxes of Ringle cages in unopened packaging if that gives you an idea of what the collection is like. Needless to say, my brother and I walked down from the upstairs of the collection with armloads of stuff, thinking that it was for sale because the "museum" is an extension of, and housed in, a regular ol' bike shop. I'm guessing it was the owner's son manning the shop and he was very polite about it, but he informed us that he would be happy to put back the stuff we had brought down because everything was ABSOLUTELY not for sale. They do have a for sale section on the website but the items don't even come close to giving you an idea of how extensive a collection of the kinds of things you would have seen on a blinged out Barracuda in 1994 that they have stacks of just sitting around.

Mark
Founder
Founder

Re: Ringle Parts

Post by Mark »

The yellow Ringle kit comes up every now and then, but it's pretty coveted. I may remember seeing someone post one on http://www.Retrobike.co.uk recently.. But if you want Ringle kit, head over there and hunt down a fella nicknamed elite504, he's the next best thing to Geoff Ringle himself.

frankbullitt

Post by frankbullitt »

I didn't know they were so rare. Oh well.

manbeer
Never leaves
Never leaves

Post by manbeer »

Check with nj cycles. They have a ton of anodized hardware and I heard they do the anodizing on site. I was actually gonna contact him to see if he could do a couple items for me when he does a batch, including a pair of ringle cages I want to have done in a darker blue rather than the typical turquoise
92 Easton * 93 A2X * 93 A2L * 94 A2MS * 94 Comp * 95 Comp * 96 A2E * 97 A2E * 97 XX Team * 97 A2F * 98 A2FS * 96 A2T and more

Mark
Founder
Founder

Post by Mark »

If that shop does a good job, I may send my Toplines to them for anodizing. Do they take off old finishes too?