Decals?

Posts related to the restoration of Barracuda bikes.
playphish

Decals?

Post by playphish »

Years ago I decided to strip my frame (White > Blue fade) and now run just polished aluminum. I would like to replace the decals. Anyone know where I can get old stock or maybe the artwork files to make them? It would be the icing on the cake.

Bob

cudarider1
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

Re: Decals?

Post by cudarider1 »

I have a full set of replacement decals for my A2M that I picked up years ago incase I ever decided to do a repaint but replacement frame decals would be really hard to find now I would think. You could probably have a paint shop copy them. I could scan the ones that I have and email them to you if that would help in anyway.

playphish

Post by playphish »

cudarider1 wrote:I could scan the ones that I have and email them to you if that would help in anyway.

That would be GREAT! :D
I'm in no hurry, so at your leisure. playphish@yahoo.com

Mark
Founder
Founder

Post by Mark »

Yep, scan those at high resolution, then anyone with Illustrator or Photoshop experience can create a custom set for you, using the colours of your choice.

cudarider1, do you have the Tange and Tree Amigos decals in your set? I need good copies of those scanned if you do, I'd appreciate it!

neo_pop_71

Post by neo_pop_71 »

Me too!!!

I wold like to replace the decals on mine, just look at the paint on mine (in my profile) and know the decals are just as bad or worse.

Any and all decal scans would be so greatly appreciated, thanks in advance!

Peace,

-DON-

Mark
Founder
Founder

Post by Mark »

Here's a good scan of the "Totally Driven" logo, which you can remove the triangle and you've got a perfectly prepped downtube decal. Insert color gradient of your choice and voila!

http://www.barracudabicycles.com/images/Logo01.psd

cudarider1
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

Post by cudarider1 »

I had a few requests for the scans, I'm working on it now so I should have them out soon. I didn't bother scaning the A2M decal since it looks like most everyone's bike is something else. I scanned the tire track decal, head tube decal and the downtube decal (in both red/yellow and blue/yellow). As far as the quality of the scan I'm not sure what is considered High Resolution, I just put them on my scanner and hit scan I f they aren't good let me know and I'll look into changing the settings on my scanner if possible.

Mark, I don't have photoshop so I can't open that totally driven file that you have the link too.

cudarider1
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

Post by cudarider1 »

Don, Shoot me your email and I'd be glad to send the decal scans. ttallman71@yahoo.com

Todd

cudarider1
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

Post by cudarider1 »

Mark, I don't have the tree Amigos or Tange decals, My cuda is Aluminum and made later, Not as desireable but I still love it.

Todd

playphish

Post by playphish »

Thanks so much Todd!

If you get a chance I will take a scan of the A2M decal as well. I have the A2T but your decal will give me the basis for manipulating the M to a T.