1995? A2E Rebuild-Image heavy!!

Posts related to the restoration of Barracuda bikes.
mixalive

Re: 1995? A2E Rebuild-Image heavy!!

Post by mixalive »

That satin chrome looks awesome.
Some of us here on the Barracuda forum could really use some of your scans. I for one could really use the Tree Amigos and the Tange scans. If you submit the big scans to Mark, I am sure he could post them on the decal page.

Thanks,
T...
Last edited by mixalive on September 17th, 2011, 11:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
93 A2R blue/white 14" Craigslist Austin, on the cheap
94 A2M silver/white 14" Cenna's Cycles SA, original owner
94 Cuda Comp purple/white 14" won on Ebay
95 XX Team gold/white 14" Craigslist Memphis

neo_pop_71

Post by neo_pop_71 »

Damn... XTR with CBR is a tasty pairing ! ! !

Bless you for going with that Cook Brothers Racing crank, as if the XTR group was enough, you had to pull in the slick vintage cranks to "cherry" the top and complete one sweet build!

David128

Post by David128 »

mixalive wrote:That satin chrome looks awesome.
Some of us here on the Barracuda forum could really use some of your scans. I for one could really use the Tree Amigos and the Tange scans. If you submit the big scans to Mark, I am sure he could post them on the decal page.
T...

Mixalive the images used for the decals are not scans I drew them from photos of the originals and I am more than happy for them to go on the decal page. I will send them to mark for him to put up.

The decals on this bike are one of the things I need to get sorted out better. The ones on there are 'waterslide' decals that are really soft and should have a clear coat put over them for protection. Evan being super careful they are showing signs of damage just from assembly. :(

What I want is someone who can print them on clear for me just like the originals. Gone to a bit of trouble on this and want it to look the best it can.

Does any one have any ideas who will do small runs of decals like this??

neo_pop_71 wrote:Damn... XTR with CBR is a tasty pairing ! ! !

Bless you for going with that Cook Brothers Racing crank, as if the XTR group was enough, you had to pull in the slick vintage cranks to "cherry" the top and complete one sweet build!

Neo_pop
Thanks for noticing the cranks and your correct what else could you pair with the XTR. They sure took some finding to get some red ano high end period cranks in a good condition (when you put it all together like that I guess it should of taken some looking) they were also the most expensive purchase on the bike!. I really like them thought about having them re anodized but then I would have lost the laser etching.

Interestingly enough the other thing that took ages to find was the red bottle cage. I use my bikes for off road touring so the two bottle cages do get used and yes there will also be a pannier rack installed for touring only!!

I needed a red one, of course that I could cut the middle spine between the bolts out of to clear the front mech. So it had to have the wings either side of the spine and of course when complete it had to look like it was supposed to be that way. I recon it came out ok.

What I would like is another set of wheels to 'fit' the bike. The rear wheel is a Velocity deep V laced to a period correct Parallax hub but the front is a CAC (Cheap Arse Chinese) wheel and I feel it lets it all down. Any suggestions or if anyone has anything that they want to part with, for a good cause, input would be much appreciated.

For the bit of Barracuda history that I mentioned earlier.

From previous experience I can not adjust canti brakes, I only have two hands and I cant get it right. So when the bike was finished I knew one of my LBS's had an owner that knew the Barracuda brand and I thought why not take it in to him to have them adjusted. You should have seen his face when saw the bike, he looked at it, looked at me and back down at the bike.

Turns out he knew the brand, he used to have an A2E in fact he raced it back in the day. Yes he raced it for the Barracuda team in Australia that he managed!! :o
He reminisced for a while about the bike and the fact that he rode it against Cadel Evans and got his butt kicked. He rode the A2E because he didn't want aluminium.

We were both pushed for time so I left the bike at the shop where he hung it up in the window. He said he had some old barracuda stuff in the garage that he would pass on, he wasn't around when I collected the bike so I will catch up with him to see what other info he is willing to pass on.

Hows that for good luck!

mixalive

Post by mixalive »

:mrgreen:
Last edited by mixalive on November 13th, 2011, 1:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.
93 A2R blue/white 14" Craigslist Austin, on the cheap
94 A2M silver/white 14" Cenna's Cycles SA, original owner
94 Cuda Comp purple/white 14" won on Ebay
95 XX Team gold/white 14" Craigslist Memphis

cudarider1
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

Post by cudarider1 »

What I want is someone who can print them on clear for me just like the originals. Gone to a bit of trouble on this and want it to look the best it can.

I know that CTK used thecycleshed.co.uk to make decals from my scans that Mark has posted on this board. You can also try vcgraphix.com in Colorado who do decals for custome bike builders. CTK passed this on to me as well. Good Luck.

vpc66
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

Post by vpc66 »

Sweet bike, the candy red paint with the dab of red highlight here and there looks great. Like the fact you did not put a color on the front part of frame,think it makes the rear part of frame pop even more.
Relax and have deep water thoughts.

F.C.C.R Ride hard,Ride Fast.....Go Insane

ctk
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

Post by ctk »

Looks great David- no corners cut & no expense spared

Red and silver looks great as do your decals. If you want decals to last you've got to get them clearcoated.

RatchAttack

Post by RatchAttack »

Awesome resto! That thing is HOT! :o

sithlord3
Never leaves
Never leaves

Post by sithlord3 »

Thats effin sweet.