Marzocchi forks ?

Posts related to the restoration of Barracuda bikes.
vpc66
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

Marzocchi forks ?

Post by vpc66 »

My Mom's neighbor rebuilds donated bikes which most of the time they are big box store bikes, but Saturday he showed me a 90's aluminum GT ( pantera model )that got my attention. Thing needs help but has parts that I figure could sell or fix it up to sell whole...size to large for me but at $10.oo for the bike how could you say no. But knowing that Mix and Neo have talk about fork rebuild and know vintage forks I had to post this to ask....are they worth anything ...rebuild,sell as is...Remember I only have ten bucks put into this thing. STX cranks,canti brakes,and derailleurs, kore stem, lower end Mavic rims plus the frame which is very lite as well the handlebars and seatpost. But the forks is what I hope you guys can tell me about because I am having problems finding the model on line to see what I have.

Are they junk or worth something?
Attachments
026.JPG
026.JPG (1.23 MiB) Viewed 14179 times
021.JPG
021.JPG (1.6 MiB) Viewed 14179 times
020.JPG
020.JPG (1.78 MiB) Viewed 14179 times
018.JPG
018.JPG (1.29 MiB) Viewed 14179 times
Relax and have deep water thoughts.

F.C.C.R Ride hard,Ride Fast.....Go Insane

vpc66
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

Re: Marzocchi forks ?

Post by vpc66 »

PS...the other parts on the bike look much better that what the hardware on the forks do...plus they sound like water is in them yet the stachions are smooth and shine well.

zoltanka79
Never leaves
Never leaves

Post by zoltanka79 »

Zoltan

vpc66
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

Post by vpc66 »

That is the fork..THANKS zoltanka79 ! Now I have year and model number....not sure what I will do with the things, not my style of fork and to rebuild for the bike would run the cost up which I want to keep on the lower side to sell..unless I part out. Jury is still out on the plan for this thing, but as said now I can check going price on these things so I have a clue.

zoltanka79
Never leaves
Never leaves

Post by zoltanka79 »

I just bouth a frameset(Mbk), with the Shimano Dx line, for the same reason...part it out and sell it. I'm going to put a couple of hours of work into that(clean/grease the parts) and try to sell them.
Zoltan

vpc66
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

Post by vpc66 »

That is what I have been doing, that is when I get the chance between the wife and kids and house duties! Playing with parts last night I found damage on the rear rim, plus the cassette body does not move and if I can not remove it from the hub it will be trash which means the only thing from the rear wheel that could be used is the cassette and Skewer. I will try a tire on the rim to see if it will seat . Need to use some PB blaster on the BB to remove, I hope that thing comes out being that it is worn out.

Good luck with your project!

neo_pop_71

Post by neo_pop_71 »

When it comes to flippin' bikes before I dump any of my time into wheels, I always check Craigslist, Reachoo, whatever and see if there is a cheap replacement. I've found the offset in replacing the wheel breaks even if you are spending hours of your limited time trying to polish a turd. I'd rather find another bike to flip, fix it up, and sell both bikes.

Just me...

-D-

p.s. Hey V., I tried to post about your Marz fork but for whatever reason, it wouldn't take the post, it kept kickin' it back to the sign in page and I got pissed and gave up.

vpc66
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

Post by vpc66 »

Trust me D, first thing I did was trash the parts that I deem not worth my time. When I get the time I plan on working on the small ding in the brake wall. Will relax in front of the Tv with a small adjustable wrench and scale and if it does not come out nice enough the rear wheel will meet the trash can. All ready have a buddy that wants the parts that are good, just need to get the bb out so we can build the bike up for him.

zoltanka79
Never leaves
Never leaves

Post by zoltanka79 »

Hey vpc66, what did you do with that marzo? I'm asking, because i I found an cx60 for sale(needs some tune up), for about 15 bucks. Are they reliable? Thinking about swaping it with my Manitou 3, until I buy a new pack of elastomers.
Zoltan

vpc66
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

Post by vpc66 »

Sorry but I would not know! Just a few weeks ago I paid ten dollars for a older ( real ) Gt mtb that need TLC and they were the forks on the bike. If it can be done, they need a rebuild which is why I have no clue as to how the forks ride, again SORRY no info !

Hey! Check with Mark, Neo and Mix ...I know they have experience with the older forks . I know Zoke has history with forks before MTB dealing with motorcycles and still produce good forks just in this day FOX wears the crown for best forks so older names have drop from top shelf stat.