xx team 95 seat clamp

Posts related to the restoration of Barracuda bikes.
housewinnie

xx team 95 seat clamp

Post by housewinnie »

Hi guys,
Can any one tell me what size seat clamp i need for a 95 xx team? cheers

neo_pop_71

Re: xx team 95 seat clamp

Post by neo_pop_71 »

Welcome to the forum!

I do not know the answer for you but the other moderator on this site, good brother Mixalive, has a '95 XX and he should be able to help you out with exact size.

Do you have any photos of your '95 'Cuda Team bike? We're photo junkies! I'll post horrible pics just for fun... Derek (same forum name) and Vinny (vpc66) are real perverts... it's all I can do to stay ahead of their sickness!!!

Again welcome, great to have you along for the ride!

Cheers!

-D-
(the bad mod)

vpc66
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

Post by vpc66 »

:lol:

Take note...

-D-
(the bad mod)

Yes a few of us, not wrap very tight with sick humor so please forgive us ... I will try to get the clamp size off my bike. It may be the same being a later frame with a seat clamp. Note I said try because my frame has a crack at the seat tube right under the clamp so I leave it alone but maybe I can get a measurement on them... I hope T will be able to get the info to you soon though so you can move on with the bike. Glad to have you on the forum, ENJOY and forgive our warp minds...unless you fit right in, then GREAT!!!
Vinnie :twisted:
( humble servant for the Bad Mod )
Relax and have deep water thoughts.

F.C.C.R Ride hard,Ride Fast.....Go Insane

housewinnie

Post by housewinnie »

Vinnie dont mess with it if its cracked....and yes i am a little odd......

housewinnie

Post by housewinnie »

Here is a pic.......just a teaser. got to have some secrets anyway she is well used but thats how i like them....
Attachments
DSCF0083.JPG
DSCF0083.JPG (113.28 KiB) Viewed 16582 times

vpc66
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

Post by vpc66 »

Instead of saying " well used " say it has been shown a lot of LOVE, because a mtb that hangs on a wall and stay pretty looking because they have never been used to bomb down a trail at break neck speed or gone over a rock drop off and never took a spill...well to me that is a unloved bike...or a boring road bike !

P.S. bring the pictures on and glad to have another sicko to add to the group !
Relax and have deep water thoughts.

F.C.C.R Ride hard,Ride Fast.....Go Insane

mixalive

Post by mixalive »

I could give you the answer, but I would have to measure the seat tube on my XX to get the answer. Just measure the OD of the seat tube on your bike, (appx 6 inches from the top), and purchase either that size or the next size down. Mine fits pretty tight on my seat tube. I have to spread it out to make it fit..
LOL
93 A2R blue/white 14" Craigslist Austin, on the cheap
94 A2M silver/white 14" Cenna's Cycles SA, original owner
94 Cuda Comp purple/white 14" won on Ebay
95 XX Team gold/white 14" Craigslist Memphis

neo_pop_71

Post by neo_pop_71 »

housewinnie wrote:Here is a pic.......just a teaser. got to have some secrets anyway she is well used but thats how i like them....

Very nice...

I see Magura hydraulic brake seat stay fangs peeking through along with their patented quick release brake booster!

neo_pop_71

Post by neo_pop_71 »

housewinnie wrote:Hi guys,
Can any one tell me what size seat clamp i need for a 95 xx team? cheers

Now that I think about it, you could check the inside of your front derailleur, most Shimano clamp sizes were cast in one of the clamp arms.

housewinnie

Post by housewinnie »

Cheers for the info....like the idea of checking front mech....so just had a look at the bike spec on this site and its there clear as mud 31.8 so i guess its the same....just want to get a q release one for it as she is off to the Alps with me next summer, nothing too mad just a load of cross country etc but even some of that can get a little hairy going down hill so wanna be able to drop the seat a little easily......cheers again from the UK