Just when I think I am out...they pull me back in!!!

Posts related to the restoration of Barracuda bikes.
rbonif
Never leaves
Never leaves

Just when I think I am out...they pull me back in!!!

Post by rbonif »

Hi all, hope all has been well and you had a nice Turkey Day. Apologies for being MIA but I was nursing a sprained knee ligament the past season and also rebuilding an 82 Mustang GT.

Anyway I sold the Spooky through EBAY to someone who was trying to sell the A2X. They got a nice deal and we connected so he offered me the A2X frame and extras (see email) for $100 + shipping which I accepted.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Yeti-durango-bu ... 7675.l2557

Looks like I have a winter project now. Also all the Cudas are still in the stable and were never even cose to being sold.

Ron

vpc66
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

Re: Just when I think I am out...they pull me back in!!!

Post by vpc66 »

Glad your back and I take doing better! Winter project you say, " D " has been working, or rebuilding one of his bikes and I am kicking around the thought of a AM bike. Would be great if a number of us had things going on for a period of time so post were going on. Post some pic's if you can, I have been having trouble posting pic's and not sure why because I do it the same way yet some work then they don't...will still write in every chance I get...
Relax and have deep water thoughts.

F.C.C.R Ride hard,Ride Fast.....Go Insane

rbonif
Never leaves
Never leaves

Post by rbonif »

Frame just got here and condition wise it is as expected (very rideable with the war chips) but I was pleasantly surprised and excited that it is an 18" and not 19". Bad news for my 18" A2E that I currently ride on the trials.

Not sure if on the build yet and whether or not I strip and repaint yet now or later.

Mark
Founder
Founder

Post by Mark »

Nice! Was wondering who might scoop this one up.

Everyone will offer their 2 cents and here is my own: The bike will need enough work to warrant a re-spray, so if it were me, I'd tear it all down and do it up right, with a new paint job and decals. You'll love it even more because of that.

neo_pop_71

Post by neo_pop_71 »

Okay, here's my 2 pennies...

build it,

ride it,

fall in love with it,

then decide what you're going to do when you've ridden it enough to have worn out the chain and cables. If you get to that point the 'Cuda will be your baby and you'll be in the proper place to decide if she needs a full makeover or just some cables and a chain. On more than one occasion I've dumped time and money into a bike restoration before I'd fully bonded with the bike, when the bike doesn't outperform others in the stable it goes on Craigslist and you never get your money out of a full restoration.

The other side to a full facelift that I've discovered is I won't ride it as hard as before the makeover. I can only guess deep down that I'm afraid to bomb the trails for fear of crashing and scratching it up.

Either way you've got a rare gem and it should be enjoyed... 'cuda envy!