94 A2M silver/white 14" Cenna's Cycles SA, original owner
94 Cuda Comp purple/white 14" won on Ebay
95 XX Team gold/white 14" Craigslist Memphis

neo_pop_71

Re: Sure is quiet on this forum lately

Post by neo_pop_71 »

Hey Mix-

You can say that again...

What happened, did everyone except us give up the Internet for Lent or something? All the usual suspects have gone mute. Niika was blazin' the board with all kinds of posts, she was holding it down for the Cuda ladies but pretty light on the chat as of late. I sent some dough to Manbeer for some small bike bits a month ago, but no bits and no word from him either. Weird. I get that riding weather is coming back or is back and we would all rather be riding our Cudas instead of writing about them but it seems there are no Cudas in these waters...

[ b u b b l e s ]

[ b u b b l e s ]

Hello? Anybody out there?

sithlord3
Never leaves
Never leaves

Post by sithlord3 »

chirp....been spending alot of time on bmxmuseum.com snatchin up parts for my ripper build...

neo_pop_71

Post by neo_pop_71 »

Sith-

When you get it done, post it in this section. I'm betting that a number of Cudaheads used to roll BMX back in the day, I know I raced for years. Learning to ride/race BMX gave me a huge leg up on the other guys who were road racers that transitioned into the dirt... no background = limited skills and lousy result. My buddy would blow past me every single stinkin' time on the road, put him on the dirt and he was a total yutz... the second that rear tire broke loose in the sand or dirt... he freaked and his arse dropped!

My buddy who still races seniors told me last week that the "Old Man" has something in the works, almost like regionals with a nationals race for the chamionships but all with an old skool flair! Sounds tasty to me!!! I'd build a whole new bike for that one!

Let's see the Rippa ! ! !

sithlord3
Never leaves
Never leaves

Post by sithlord3 »

got a nice set of repop decals from England...its going to powder next tuesday...im hoping to have it done before the baby comes at the and of July and I realy have no money...but its gonna be soooooo nice...

mixalive

Post by mixalive »

Sith and Neo.
I had assumed all this time that the decals on the A2M were under some clear coat, but I guess that is not the case. I have owned lot of Honda's and Suzuki's over the years and the decals were always under clearcoat. I guess decals under clear powdercoat would not work, huh?
93 A2R blue/white 14" Craigslist Austin, on the cheap

sithlord3
Never leaves
Never leaves

Post by sithlord3 »

not sure...i would think that when the powder bakes it would melt the decals no?

cudarider1
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

Post by cudarider1 »

Yeah, I havent been checking as frequent now that the weather is breaking, Once that happens and yard work gets added to every thing else it chews up time quick. I've been riding at least once a week lately which is nice. I picked up an 08 stump jumper FS so I'm getting used to that for an upcoming trip to killington VT, should be good, last sever trips there were on my hard tail cuda. I also found a small lake close to my house that has huge bass in it so I've been sneaking over there when I can. the A2E is coming along, I'll post some updated pictures soon, just a few more parts and it will be ready to ride.

Mark
Founder
Founder

Post by Mark »

There are indeed quiet times with a site like this. I myself have been busy with other (non Barracuda) things, but like clockwork, I'll end up coming back for one reason or another. Right now, I'm digging through my decal files, getting some ready for a generic download, for those who wish to create their own. Should be ready soon.

mixalive

Post by mixalive »

I have been busy myself, mixing all the choir's for the local school's end of the year concerts. I did find a 175mm Deore crank for the Cuda Comp today on Craigslist. I might have rode a bike today, but we actually had rain... First rain since January. My yard's grass is smiling. :mrgreen:
93 A2R blue/white 14" Craigslist Austin, on the cheap