Any road bikes in your stable?

As stated, anything goes.
willywill

Re: Any road bikes in your stable?

Post by willywill »

I am not sure what year this is but it was an awesome rig while I had it! Logged over 5000 miles on it this year (sometimes being underemployed and losing your license can be a good thing!) :mrgreen:

vpc66
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

Post by vpc66 »

87 Lotus 600 all original (have the seat but it is messed up) in somewhat nice shape,few lite scratches. And yes I know it looks pink..Lotus like to use odd colors the paint color they called coral and in different light it will show in different tones. This thing rides so much nicer than my 91 Cannodale which feels like it will brake bones before end of ride so even with the paint job this is my go to road bike.
Attachments
168927_177237098988224_5289295_n.jpg
168927_177237098988224_5289295_n.jpg (157.74 KiB) Viewed 4309 times
Relax and have deep water thoughts.

F.C.C.R Ride hard,Ride Fast.....Go Insane

neo_pop_71

Post by neo_pop_71 »

I had a Miyata race bike from that same vintage, same color scheme and almost the exact colors, but those wacky avant-garde Japanese designers got cute with the name... salmon and obsidian. My buddy that I raced with for a few seasons was 6'7", he had a custom Nishiki that was straight up bubblegum pink. He took a lot ribbing for the color but he was so fast that most were talking out of their arse soon enough!

vpc66
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

Post by vpc66 »

Lotus was American design Japanese built to go against the Italian bikes...the work on this thing is sweet to look at but at the times folks did not want Jap bikes...which is funny because the asian market builds most bikes from high end to low. I have rode new carbon framed rode bikes and can not tell the difference from my old Tange 2 steel Lotus....the only thing I like about new road bikes is the brake/shifter set ups.
Relax and have deep water thoughts.

F.C.C.R Ride hard,Ride Fast.....Go Insane