Any road bikes in your stable?

As stated, anything goes.
vpc66
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

Re: Any road bikes in your stable?

Post by vpc66 »

Where I grew up,you were known for what you rode.I can still remember the bikes but names have been lost.We would ride all day and during summer late into night,out to the beach back the the bmx track run a few cities over to another track. We would all get together and see who could jump better or bunnyhop...wheelie....all for fun and the bike is what held it all together. These days kids do all that siting in the house on x-box or gameboys....it is a shame,but we all have done it to our selfs,as a father of a 10 year old and a 8 year old...with the freaks today you can not feel safe with the kids in your own yard much less doing like I did as a kid being 15 + miles away . Lucky for me my Son has the love for bikes which I have set him up with a 24 inch mtb and we ride together,my old riding buddies get on me because I do not ride hard anymore....to tell the truth,I do not feel need to prove anything now....I have fun watching him smile and hearing him have a good time while riding now. My Daughter would like to dive with me....she is the water baby...my wife hates that because I am a cavediver and she tells them to stay away from that thought.
Relax and have deep water thoughts.

F.C.C.R Ride hard,Ride Fast.....Go Insane

neo_pop_71

Post by neo_pop_71 »

"...it is a shame,but we all have done it to our selfs,as a father of a 10 year old and a 8 year old...with the freaks today you can not feel safe with the kids in your own yard much less doing like I did as a kid being 15 + miles away ."

Man vpc66, you speak the truth brother! Stinkin' world is full of freaks and nut-jobs!!! Just today I had this thrust in my face... today was the opener for my daughter's (6 y.o.) AYSO season, on the way home I thought I'd treat her to a new soccer ball of her choosing. So, we stop and head into Sport Chalet, she paused next to some "hula" crap cruiser and I continued on for a couple of steps looking for the soccer section. I turned back to call her, only taking my eyes off her for maybe 5 to 10 seconds, and some f*cking weirdo is walking up behind her with his hand expended like her was going to touch her hair. :shock: I spun faster than I ever did when I was a competitive fighter and launched at him, I caught his finger just as he was about to touch the back of her head! Without hesitation, I grabbed his finger with one hand and his throat with other, I "wheeled" him around to choke him out with his own arm. The bike tech (just a kid) saw all this and yelled to his manager. Moments later, there was a huge crowd but I refused to release my hold. For a second he tried to fight back and struggle, so I snapped his finger since I still had ahold of it in the choke hold. You should have heard him cry like a baby!!! The bike tech backed up my story to the cops, he said he was watching the guy because he was hovering near my daughter. The manager reviewed the security tape with the cop, they said he came 15 to 20 feet to get close enough to be in arm's reach. They arrested the guy, turns out he had a warrant and they suspected he was on something. They sent me on my way but not before I shook the kid's (bike tech) hand, the kid begged me to train him in MMA fighting. No thanks, been there and done that.
What really sucks, my daughter had never seen me get angry before nor had she seen me get physical with someone (that's not who I am anymore) and she was right in the middle of it! She was really scared and confused, she did not want the soccer ball or anything else at that point... just to go home (where she could feel safe). Thankfully, by bedtime, she was over being scared and was more interested in telling grandma (on the phone) that her daddy was her protector and hero.
It's too bad that our kids are growing up in a world that is so much nastier than the childhood we enjoyed... they deserve better! I drove my daughter to 3 years of preschool, a year of K., and now my lil'angel goes to school all day instead of half day... she's growing up, a big 1st grader... she may get older but she will never walk to school... never!!!

Watch your kids and keep them safe, don't slip even for a minute! Those bastard predators are out there hunting kids, f*ckin' sickening... I know the next SOB that gets near my kid is a goner. They had to pry that piece of sh*t out of my arms, the next one (hopefully never) will not be so lucky!

-D-

p.s. Give your kids a big hug or/and kiss for no reason... just because, they deserve it!!!

mixalive

Post by mixalive »

Dude..... Good catch... I would have pounded that guy.. I watch my 9 year old Daughter pretty close, but never had a perv get that close. Good Dad. Keep your eye on those female perv's as well. You gotto think about it, For all the Registered Sex Offenders, there are probably 10 times or more Un-Registered Sex Offenders walking amongst us.
93 A2R blue/white 14" Craigslist Austin, on the cheap
94 A2M silver/white 14" Cenna's Cycles SA, original owner
94 Cuda Comp purple/white 14" won on Ebay
95 XX Team gold/white 14" Craigslist Memphis

vpc66
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

Post by vpc66 »

CLAPING my hands....great job,would have like to hear you turned him into a cripple,but with how courts work...you would be the one in the deep end of the pool...because why you did it would not be heard...just the fact you did it,at least that is how it seem these days. I hope that this act does not cause problems down the road for your Daughter.
So MMA...another thing to make me LOVE this site more so. From my teens to late twenties..Kung FU..and no,not just pretty movements..we did a mix (before MMA became what it is) of arts and did full contact fights,instructor was OLD SCHOOL, so some bare knuckle fights were done in our own group..ouch,they were not done to kill each other,but you knew what it was like to really get hit.
This really is not the thread for this......But in the what, two weeks I have been on this site I have post more replys than the years I have been on the Cave Diver Forum....You guys are great...I love all the post done and have yet to find any fighting among the "clicks" which on the CDF you have to watch what you say as to not offend the wrong ones... and it is the nice one the other known cavers site is known just for its fighting on line,it seems that most on here think and feel the same.......Be proud,great site and people
Relax and have deep water thoughts.

F.C.C.R Ride hard,Ride Fast.....Go Insane

neo_pop_71

Post by neo_pop_71 »

Thanks for the supporting words and yes definitely it was hard not to spin his neck! You are too right, unfortunately, that the courts would have seen me as the "monster" for being proactive instead of waiting for something horrible to happen and being reactive. Sorry, that doesn't play with me! Silliness... he would have been in the back of the ambulance and I would have been in the back of the police cruiser. I did nothing more than anyone of you, as fathers, would have done to protect your angel... two of the male cops said they'd have done the same thing... truth!

In regard to the MMA stuff, it was nothing like today, there was little money and no fame. It was something to do to keep your skills sharp between boxing matches or kickboxing tournaments. Also, it was much more local, you sort of knew the talent around you; it was not national nor international at that point. It wasn't my scene as so many of the guys were "tough guys" with something to prove. Too many times I saw "Tank" Abbott drunk in Huntington Beach pick a fight with some poor guy because David (Tank's real name) thought the guy wronged him in some way. Pathetic!!!

On to happier topics... The Cudaheads on this site are great people! You nailed that one for sure! I won't go on a few cycling forums for those same reasons you mentioned... too many "experts" and way too much keyboard courage! I respect the guys on Retrobike (I know some of us Cudaheads are members on that forum too) as they seem to solely be about the bikes and helping out. Also, most of the guys on RatRodBikes are cool too, they're all about building up a bike for the love of building two wheelers. That said, neither of those forums have the "community" that this one does... Mark created a great site that's full of good people! ;)

Peace,

-D-

mixalive

Post by mixalive »

Keyboard courage... I love that term.
93 A2R blue/white 14" Craigslist Austin, on the cheap
94 A2M silver/white 14" Cenna's Cycles SA, original owner
94 Cuda Comp purple/white 14" won on Ebay
95 XX Team gold/white 14" Craigslist Memphis

sithlord3
Never leaves
Never leaves

Post by sithlord3 »

dat be da shit neo.

neo_pop_71

Post by neo_pop_71 »

Sith-

You'd have done the same if some piece of sh*t was eyeballin' your boy or your lil' angel (down the line)!

Speaking of the lil'bundle of joy... how is she doin'? How are you, mom, and your boy adjusting to the change? Any new pics?

-D-

p.s I'm still jonzin' for a ride on that SE you built ! ! !

sithlord3
Never leaves
Never leaves

Post by sithlord3 »

everyone is great.....adjusting and so on. Shes a bit of a cryer which cuts through me like a hot knofe through butter, but im dealin. As far as the Ripper goes....I ll be in Long Island on the 8th for a Bday party. I just cant remember if its you or mix that lives ther! HA
everyone is great.....adjusting and so on. Shes a bit of a cryer which cuts through me like a hot knofe through butter, but im dealin. As far as the Ripper goes....I ll be in Long Island on the 8th for a Bday party. I just cant remember if its you or mix that lives ther! HA

Posted

RatchAttack

Post by RatchAttack »

Good job on laying the law down on those two meth heads.

I have a vintage touring bike that I have actually gone on tour with. Traded an old mountain bike (1992 GT Tequesta) that I bought for $40 for this 1982 Nishiki International touring bike.

Specs include:
-Tange 2 cromoly frame
-Sugino GT cranks
-Suntour SRX shifters and deralliuers
-Dia-Compe brakes
-Sakae Randonneur bars
-Araya 700c wheels