Where are you located?

As stated, anything goes.
manbeer
Never leaves
Never leaves

Where are you located?

Post by manbeer »

Just curious where everyone is from, i see a few in Texas, i thought Mark was from Canada?

I'm out on the extreme east end of Long Island, NY - near montauk

I don't know how many people would be interested but it would be cool if we had some sort of yearly meet of something. I would be more than willing to travel. First Flight Bikes has a (supposedly) great vintage MTB festival in NC every summer, maybe that would be a good place? Check out all the historic bikes, slap on our XX jerseys and go kick some arse in the races

http://www.firstflightbikes.com/Cackala ... ky2010.htm
92 Easton * 93 A2X * 93 A2L * 94 A2MS * 94 Comp * 95 Comp * 96 A2E * 97 A2E * 97 XX Team * 97 A2F * 98 A2FS * 96 A2T and more

mixalive

Re: Where are you located?

Post by mixalive »

We should all meet in Durango, CO.
93 A2R blue/white 14" Craigslist Austin, on the cheap
94 A2M silver/white 14" Cenna's Cycles SA, original owner
94 Cuda Comp purple/white 14" won on Ebay
95 XX Team gold/white 14" Craigslist Memphis

manbeer
Never leaves
Never leaves

Post by manbeer »

mixalive wrote:We should all meet in Durango, CO.

Wow i dont know how i didn't think of that :doh:
92 Easton * 93 A2X * 93 A2L * 94 A2MS * 94 Comp * 95 Comp * 96 A2E * 97 A2E * 97 XX Team * 97 A2F * 98 A2FS * 96 A2T and more

cudarider1
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

Post by cudarider1 »

Ocean county NJ!

neo_pop_71

Post by neo_pop_71 »

I live in Southern California, Brea to be specific...
not far from that fool mouse at Disneyland...
thankfully only 30 minutes from the beach and a surf...
happily 90 minutes from the snow and some skiing/boarding...
and 5 minutes from the trailhead!

I wouldn't stay and deal with all the madness (of SoCal) if it weren't for the geography, not many places in the world that you can catch a surf in the morning and hit the slopes in the afternoon. I live at the base of the hills, so I can hit the trails for some time on my 'Cuda, some hiking or running with my boxer pup, and logging some miles riding the canyon on my road bike. I've never known anything different, I was born and raised here, everything has to do with being on two wheels and enjoying the outdoors with my family!

-DON-

cudarider1
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

Post by cudarider1 »

I'm about 5 minutes from the bay and a 10 minute boat ride accross to the ocean or a 15 to 20 minute drive to the ocean. about an hour and a half from skiing and some decent riding close by. Everything mentioned is a bit smaller than the ones Neo has but still nice.

neo_pop_71

Post by neo_pop_71 »

Cudarider,

Your area of the East Coast is awesome, there is so much going and endless things to do indoors and outdoors. Before I was married, I frequently flew to New York for art show openings and various museum shows. I love the all your seasons back east except summer... you can keep that humidity!!! No thank you!
Last edited by neo_pop_71 on January 24th, 2011, 5:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

cudarider1
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

Post by cudarider1 »

Ha, I'm with you on the humidity! I would get rid of that and the Jersey Shore crew, they're making a mess of it.

mixalive

Post by mixalive »

Austin, TX.
Live Music Capital of the World and home of Lance Armstrong.
93 A2R blue/white 14" Craigslist Austin, on the cheap
94 A2M silver/white 14" Cenna's Cycles SA, original owner
94 Cuda Comp purple/white 14" won on Ebay
95 XX Team gold/white 14" Craigslist Memphis

neo_pop_71

Post by neo_pop_71 »

Damn right Mix!!!

SXSW is the greatest gathering of music anywhere on the planet! I dig it!!! Just picture 2,000 bands/performers with 100 venues around downtown and squeeze all those shows into 5 days. Insanity! It's also like the Texan version of the Sundance Film Fest, hundreds of film being screened all over Austin. There's also a trade show going on for the techs out there. It generates over 100 million dollars for Austin in only 10 days!!! The thing is nothing short of epic and there is no good way to take it all in! My brother is a drummer who has enjoyed the stages of Austin numerous times and he loves making it back for SXSW every year. If music is your thing, Austin is your place to be March 16th through 20th. Love independent movies? The film fest is going from March 11th through 19th. I'm trying to coordinate a roadie gig with my brother's new band as we speak, just for SXSW, I'm not looking to live for months on a bus!

Hey Mixalive, can the 'Cudaheads crash at your home for a few? *** I CALL COUCH ! ! ! ***
(Oh, and as far as my special dietary needs, I'll need you to get organic...)

-It's a 'Cuda road trip to Mix's pad, clog up his driveway around noon on March 15th...
-3:00 criterium beer race, do a lap and drink a beer, official winner will be the last one riding (but we're all winners!)
-Texas size BBQ and party that night with a night "trials" competition.
-Hangover morning with beer and eggs and it's off to the venues on our 'Cudas... sort of a bike pub crawl with the hopes of hearing some good music. Whadda 'ya say Mix? Cool?

http://www.beertownaustin.com/events/bike-pub-crawl/

p.s. Gotta watch out for drunk armadillo speed bumps!!!