Any Cudaheads running a 1x9 setup?

As stated, anything goes.
neo_pop_71

Re: Any Cudaheads running a 1x9 setup?

Post by neo_pop_71 »

pee30wee@yahoo.com wrote:D- are you still riding this rig? Sick as hell. I never woulda thunk to set one up like that. I do have that A2R frame still laying around. Damn my girl is gonna be PISSED if I start another build. teehee

Yep pee30wee, still riding and loving every bit of this bike! Thanks to you and vpc66 for the kind words, I appreciate it, always nice to hear feedback from people you respect! Your A2R would be a great frame to do a 96'er conversion, the geometry is pretty well suited, and since you're a tall guy that'll help even more. I took a look to see if you have anything near you for the build, you're in luck!

http://saltlakecity.craigslist.org/bik/3359065082.html

I'd offer the guy $50.00, it is brand new and they do go for $110.00, but if it's a useless part to the guy. Since you'll only need a single disc brake, I can help you out, I have an extra set of Hayes mechanical disc brake. I can sell you a single super cheap. You'll only need to land a 29er front wheel and you'll be well on your way. You can have my set of tires pictured on my RASKAL, I'm putting a new set GEAX tires on today. See, you're build is already coming together.

Yeah, the girls (wife and daughter) at home are pissed at me today, bikes getting in the way (as usual), they headed to Disneyland with our annual passes and I stayed home to mess with my collection. Get used to it, by that I mean get used to them being pissed at you, that would be my advise to anyone when it comes to what we love... the women and bikes in our lives! Speaking of my collection, I'm off...

Thanks again for the kindness!

Peace,

-D-

Derek
Never leaves
Never leaves

Post by Derek »

Dadgum that is tempting. Seen some Surly forks come and go quite a bit and they have a good reputation. Hmmmmmm....... constipating on it. Still need to get that BB figgered out tho'.

Disneyland? pshaw...... sorry- my idea of a vacation is going AWAY from people. :) You know - on top of a mountain, on two wheels, at least once a week.

vpc66
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

Post by vpc66 »

I am with you on vacation away from people...and I like to be in the woods on the bike but I am truly nuts...Vacation to me is humping 100+ pounds of gear wraped up in a zip lock bag suit being cold and wet all the time and picking up hours of water time...
Relax and have deep water thoughts.

F.C.C.R Ride hard,Ride Fast.....Go Insane

neo_pop_71

Post by neo_pop_71 »

pee30wee@yahoo.com wrote:Dadgum that is tempting. Seen some Surly forks come and go quite a bit and they have a good reputation. Hmmmmmm....... constipating on it. Still need to get that BB figgered out tho'.

Disneyland? pshaw...... sorry- my idea of a vacation is going AWAY from people. :) You know - on top of a mountain, on two wheels, at least once a week.

Better jump on it, someone will, especially being new with an uncut steer tube... no worries!

I pay for the passes but I rarely go, honestly, I might seem like a warm teddy bear but I'm actually a pretty nasty c*nt most of the time! At least that's what I get told more often than I care to admit. This internet b*llsh*t is where I work on my people skills... :lol: F*CK ALL Y'ALL!!!

-1 for being a SOB :D

Derek
Never leaves
Never leaves

Post by Derek »

Baaaaahhh f@cking Haaaahhhh.....

Yeah good thing we're at least a days drive away. Thinkin we might get into some trubble. With tribbles.

I get paid tomorrow..... guess we'll see what happens.

neo_pop_71

Post by neo_pop_71 »

pee30wee@yahoo.com wrote:Baaaaahhh f@cking Haaaahhhh.....

Yeah good thing we're at least a days drive away. Thinkin we might get into some trubble. With tribbles.

I get paid tomorrow..... guess we'll see what happens.

Ha-Ha... no doubt my brother, we'd probably get in some trouble around town, a few drink specials... all in good fun!

Best of luck on the Surly fork, it'll be a real score at that price! I hope it works out, I can't say enough about the 96'er build, it's awesome! My wife has been riding my A2L, the last time I road it, the 26" wheel set up felt awkward after being on the 96'er for the past couple of months. I still ride my full suspension Psycle Werks, it's a 26" bike, but I guess the full suspension masks the awkwardness of the 26" hardtail. Let me know how it goes, I really think you'd dig the 96'er, it's a total blast!!! I swapped the tires today, so the 96'er tires are all yours if you want them.

-D-

Derek
Never leaves
Never leaves

Post by Derek »

Tell me what you spend for shipping i'll shoot it off to ya. Crap, here we go again. Emily ain't gonna be happy, and she is a force to be reckoned with.

Oh, and I am fonder of the term 69'er. ha.

neo_pop_71

Post by neo_pop_71 »

I'll look into it and let you know. I may have other stuff you need for the build, PM me and we can figure it out.

Remind me (us, the Cuda family) again what's up with your bottom bracket on your Cuda?

-D-

Derek
Never leaves
Never leaves

Post by Derek »

neo_pop_71 wrote:I'll look into it and let you know. I may have other stuff you need for the build, PM me and we can figure it out.

Remind me (us, the Cuda family) again what's up with your bottom bracket on your Cuda?

-D-

Just worn out, side to side slop.

neo_pop_71

Post by neo_pop_71 »

Oh okay, that's a simple fix, just swap out it out for a new sealed bearing bottom bracket, like a Shimano UN-53 (or -54 or -55) with a 68/73 shell with widths up to 118... you can't go wrong! Jenson USA sells them for $10.00 with a price match on any other site's pricing but 10 bucks is pretty hard to beat! Here's a link:

http://www.jensonusa.com/!jkq7zEy5sRCv9 ... Qgod7ycAmw

On a different note, here's a pic from today after I installed the new tires, swapped out seatpost (silver for black), and installed some vintage XT platforms. If any of you happen to come across these M730 XT pedals for a good price, I'll gladly buy them from if you don't want them... I love 'em! These were phased out in '93 and Shimano went to the much smaller, more angular XT pedal... these are more like vintage BMX pedals. That's how mine got so scratched up, I had them on my race bike. Anyway, I love my 96'er... pee30wee can call his a 69'er all he wants... I'll include a picture for inspiration! ;)