Official Friday (picture) Share Day

As stated, anything goes.
neo_pop_71

Re: Official Friday (picture) Share Day

Post by neo_pop_71 »

vpc66 wrote:How is this for air time..I think I would mess my pants

I missed out on last week's posting for May 18th Friday Share Day...

here are a pair of images that I love... no camera tricks, just straight up skills!!!
Last edited by neo_pop_71 on May 27th, 2012, 3:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

vpc66
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

Post by vpc66 »

I would say you made up for a lost Friday with some good pictures....glad you are back online
Relax and have deep water thoughts.

F.C.C.R Ride hard,Ride Fast.....Go Insane

neo_pop_71

Post by neo_pop_71 »

Thanks again! It's good to have a bit of down time and catch up with all things Cuda! Not that I'm some washed up old cyclist but I'm amazed by what these kids today can do! The bikes have come so far and the riders have risen to push the edge of what's possible on a two wheeled bike!

-D-

vpc66
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

Post by vpc66 »

No joke there...When into Bmx as a kid if you did a one hander/no hander, Harry Larry,Bottema or pancake you were a GOD....kids nowdays nodoubt have no clue who Larry and Bottema are and these tricks would get no scores done during a X-game. But done in the late 70's early 80's. Do the kids even know the big names that start the whole trick riding up riding for BMX Action magazine Bob Haro and RL Osborn....those were the good old days....Oooops old age got me...was it Action or Plus magazine..I still have a stack of them for memories....think I will go pull them out to show my Son real Bmx bikes.

vpc66
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

Post by vpc66 »

By the way Neo I understand and agree that the tricks done these days are mind blowing...I just got rolling there with the old man line... "When I was a kid" ....some of the things they do now were things we would joke about thinking that it really could not be done....WHAT WILL THEY BE DOING IN ANOTHER 20 + years

neo_pop_71

Post by neo_pop_71 »

Yep, I'm right there with 'ya on the old man schtick... I was a '70's BMX junky! I was blessed because I was fortunate to grow up in So Cal and I able to race many of the tracks that Scot "O.M." Breithaupt set up and sanctioned... it was a magical place and time to be alive! Punk rock bands were forming every single day and cement skateboard parks were popping up all around too.

You know though, what I miss for my daughter that we had and didn't know it... no fear... no fear that some pedophile sicko was going to grab a kid!!! We road everyday until the street lights came on and then raced home before mom whooped our butts! I don't think I could ever rest knowing my daughter is "out there" and I don't know where she is at any given moment! My wish would be that I could give my daughter the same carefree life that we shared in the 70's but the world is about a million light years from that place nowadays! Too bad...

-D-
Last edited by neo_pop_71 on May 29th, 2012, 9:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.

vpc66
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

Post by vpc66 »

Nice old pic's there....and yes we have talk about that before,there is no going back I fear. Cal has alot of COOL history for outdoor sports and would love to see it someday...but I love Florida and would never move from here. By the way...my son and I run around to the same creeks,woods and trails(that are still around) that I did as a kid..plus on none school nights we run out for night rides thru the cemetery and around which he loves....good thing I am a old kid myself

vpc66
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

Post by vpc66 »

Going REAL old school....
Attachments
Early trick riders.jpg
Early trick riders.jpg (62.38 KiB) Viewed 9400 times
early road racer.jpg
early road racer.jpg (59.43 KiB) Viewed 9400 times
Early road bike club.jpg
Early road bike club.jpg (76.16 KiB) Viewed 9400 times
Early Mtb rider.jpg
Early Mtb rider.jpg (76.81 KiB) Viewed 9400 times
Early hoties on bikes.jpg
Early hoties on bikes.jpg (40.73 KiB) Viewed 9400 times

neo_pop_71

Post by neo_pop_71 »

I've always enjoyed the Velodrome... the bikes, the speed and skills involved, the beauty of the indoor wood tracks... all of it!

My buddy built a small Velodrome in his backyard using pallets that he grabbed from around town. Something like the last picture but larger, crazy fun times but not to be attempted after you've had a few beers!!!

mixalive

Post by mixalive »

What happens when you get out of the groove?
93 A2R blue/white 14" Craigslist Austin, on the cheap
94 A2M silver/white 14" Cenna's Cycles SA, original owner
94 Cuda Comp purple/white 14" won on Ebay
95 XX Team gold/white 14" Craigslist Memphis