Official Friday (picture) Share Day

As stated, anything goes.
neo_pop_71

Re: Official Friday (picture) Share Day

Post by neo_pop_71 »

Here is Chris Hoye "The Real McCoy" clinching gold at the 2012 Keirin Track World Cup. The motor bike leads them out for 4 laps and then drops off for the final 2 laps... that's when the horsepower in the quads kicks in!!! The video is 2:50 but the final 0:50 is awesome as he come from 5th place to win!

2012 London World Cup Mens Keirin Final @ Olympic Velodrome

http://youtu.be/ZOKKqvu5A5I

Come out of the groove or come off your line and it's carnage! As pictured below... can you say NUTBUSTER?!!! It's hard to imagine how steep the banked turns are until you're standing at the bottom and looking up at a 45 degree angle banked turn.

mixalive

Post by mixalive »

I was referring to riding over the top on those pallets.
93 A2R blue/white 14" Craigslist Austin, on the cheap
94 A2M silver/white 14" Cenna's Cycles SA, original owner
94 Cuda Comp purple/white 14" won on Ebay
95 XX Team gold/white 14" Craigslist Memphis

neo_pop_71

Post by neo_pop_71 »

Yep, I was talking about the same thing too... you have to be in the groove, lose your focus and it's disaster time! My buddy is an old skateboarder like me, he was one of the best ramp builders around. Initially it was just the pallets, it liked to to shake the teeth out of your head but later he skinned it in masonite. The masonite added a slick "wash out" effect that wasn't there with the rough sawn pallets. Once you learned how to drop in at the right angle it was super fun but that learning curve was brutal on the knees and elbows!

Red Bull has a mini velodrome event that they sponsor, it's really fun to watch, when you have a free moment you should search it out. I'll try to provide a link later but now it's time to ride... 8-)
Last edited by neo_pop_71 on June 9th, 2012, 2:13 am, edited 2 times in total.

neo_pop_71

Post by neo_pop_71 »

* HAPPY JUNE 8TH ! ! ! *

Friday Picture Day is taking a twist this week in hopes that more of you will participate in this thread... this week is all about your favorite bike seat/saddle.

My favorite has been the SDG "S-Series" seat, like the S2000 or the S7000, they were American made with full Kevlar covers and titanium rails. Pure joy for hours of trail (or pavement) riding!

C'mon now, lets see 'em... where does you butt rest when it's not on the couch?

vpc66
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

Post by vpc66 »

What helps out my back side on long rides.....Serfas ARC with Ti rails...the newer modal I had bought as back up went to my son's bike, they used gel in that seat.
Attachments
318671_243595959019004_397818_n.jpg
318671_243595959019004_397818_n.jpg (40.22 KiB) Viewed 9414 times
Relax and have deep water thoughts.

F.C.C.R Ride hard,Ride Fast.....Go Insane

neo_pop_71

Post by neo_pop_71 »

Vinny,

You have good taste my eastcoast brother! I swear we must have been split at birth... for a spell every bike I owned had an ARC Serfas Ti seat on it and each of those saddles were held up by a Thomson post. That's a legit pro set up for sure!

I gotta say... a Serfas seat is cushy but not half as plush as that chair in the background!!! ;)

-D-

vpc66
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

Post by vpc66 »

Hahah....The seat on my bike is about 14/15 years old and it is new compared to that beater of a chair in the background. By the way,do they still make them....my son will be mad at me if I take the one off his bike and get him something different. Then again...I do like the look of some of the new carbon seats. And yes to Thomson post...wish my son's new bike would have taking my back up like his other bike did...Will get one in the right size for his birthday or Christmas,that will put a big smile on his face to get rid of that bontrager post that has the weight of a tank........So what will we do next week...pictures of stem's,cranks...???

neo_pop_71

Post by neo_pop_71 »

No dice on new ones, they do make them but they are nothing like the ARC's from the 1990's! There are still some nice ones that pop on Craigslist or Ebay from time to time.

Here 'ya go... ARC Ti saddles on the cheap!!!

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_trksid= ... c&_sacat=0

I'll get back to you on next weeks possibilities.

Cheers!
(Fat Tire Ale :D )

vpc66
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

Post by vpc66 »

Right after I wrote that I went on my Ebay to check it out and found those....when mine completely blows apart I will miss it dearly but a carbon will sit in it's place after.( unless one pops up on ebay that looks good and I get it for my backup)

neo_pop_71

Post by neo_pop_71 »

Hey Vinny,

Check these ads:

http://sandiego.craigslist.org/csd/bik/3053432526.html

(pretty nice shape, hasn't seen much use, picture attached)

http://phoenix.craigslist.org/nph/bik/3058391556.html

(no pictures of his ARC saddles but he has a white, silver, and red one listed)

Good luck!

-D-