Still lerking

As stated, anything goes.
sithlord3
Never leaves
Never leaves

Still lerking

Post by sithlord3 »

Still looking in now and again....caught the BMX fever again and have been busy building...just thougt id pop in and share....

Been working on this for a little while. Think it came out prety nice. I ll be changing the pedals to some XC II at some point, and Im still not sold on the plate.

Frame and fork: 1986 CC Pro XL

Handlebars: Powerlite Pro bends

Headset: Epoch

Padset: porkchop Flite

Grips: EZ Jive

Stem: DK Pro

Seatpost :Elf Zipback

Seat:Kashimax re-issue

Seatclamp: Porkchop

Crank: Redline 401 single pinch full wrap

Chainring- PPP 45t w/Porkchop spider

Bottom Bracket: Techmatic

Pedals: VP...soon to be changed

Chain: Izumi chrome

Rearbrake: Chang Star MX1000 copy

Brakelever: Chang Star

Rims: Porkchop 7x

Hubs: NOS Crupi low flange

Tires: Duro Comp III 20 x 1.75 & 20 x 2.125

Plate: Zeronine Landing Pannel

vpc66
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

Re: Still lerking

Post by vpc66 »

O MAN.....makes my heart skip a beat to see a old school set up. That gets me on ebay when they refer to a bike as old school and it has post for V-brakes...clue if it was built in the 90's early 2000's NOT OLD SCHOOL. Do not know the brand but LOVE the job you did...but I understand the issue with the # plate...I always went for the Haro plates myself never cared for that brand...they look funny to me..still love the bike though.

P.S...........Nice that you jump back in...and with nice pic's
Relax and have deep water thoughts.

F.C.C.R Ride hard,Ride Fast.....Go Insane

neo_pop_71

Post by neo_pop_71 »

Bless my soul... it's the Sithlord! Jesus man, where'd you go? I can't be expected to handle the sarcasm and general nastiness by myself forever!

Nice build! I had a yellow Cycle Craft but mine didn't have all the trick anodized bits that yours does. Man, I forgot all about those top tube cable clips, I loved those, so much better than a zip tie! What do you have a secret stash of BMX goodies? Where are you finding those gems? Porkchop? Ebay? Really top notch build, you gotta post that on the BMXmuseum, they'd love to see your CC beauty!

How's the family? Got any pics of the kids?

Nice to see 'ya back... not too many Cudaheads from the first gen site still hangin' bout! Don't be such a stranger next time, good to know you're doing well and still building bikes!

-D-

vpc66
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

Post by vpc66 »

A few sites on Ebay right now Neo....I was on the other day looking because I need some for my Cannodale road bike...stupid plastic ones they did on the old Dales fell apart and now I can not find any because Cannodale sold out....BUT I ran into that type which brought back memeries of my old bmx bikes.....they do not fall apart,that is for sure.

sithlord3
Never leaves
Never leaves

Post by sithlord3 »

Here they are....Ethan just turned 3 on the 14th. Avery will be 1 in Aug. and Bruno is now 4 :)

sithlord3
Never leaves
Never leaves

Post by sithlord3 »

Yea got em at porkchopbmx. It's already at the museum. I been spending slots time over there. Actually kinda sorta thinking about selling my Cudas for some more bmx. Kinda wana build a Hutch.

vpc66
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

Post by vpc66 »

:shock: THUMP....the sound made as I hit the floor...then :? ....Then again I do tell my son,if it has wheels and pedals it is good no matter what the ride is made for. Hey if you are doing Bmx bikes and posting pic's.....mind if I throw in a vote for a DG or first generation Profile.
Plan on keeping any oldies but goodies for the young ones when it is time for them to go for a ride.

neo_pop_71

Post by neo_pop_71 »

sithlord3 wrote:Here they are....Ethan just turned 3 on the 14th. Avery will be 1 in Aug. and Bruno is now 4 :)

Man, that's a cool pic of the lads! It looks like Ethan is bein' sneaky and layin' the squeeze on Avery's little piggies!!! True brother fashion all the way, I dig it!

I gotta ask, does your yard back up to the trails? Because whatever is behind you home looks fun to me?!!!

For whatever my opinion is worth, I say keep at least one Cuda. I had four, sold three, got back up to five, and I'm back down to one... I don't think I could part with my A2L. It's been too many different bikes for me (24 spd, 1x1, 1x8, and now 21 spd) and I've loved riding each one. You gotta keep one brother!

Peace,

-D-

sithlord3
Never leaves
Never leaves

Post by sithlord3 »

vpc66 wrote::shock: THUMP....the sound made as I hit the floor...then :? ....Then again I do tell my son,if it has wheels and pedals it is good no matter what the ride is made for. Hey if you are doing Bmx bikes and posting pic's.....mind if I throw in a vote for a DG or first generation Profile.
Plan on keeping any oldies but goodies for the young ones when it is time for them to go for a ride.

DG is before my time. So is 1st gen profile for that matter but a nice Champ had crossed my mind more than once.

sithlord3
Never leaves
Never leaves

Post by sithlord3 »

neo_pop_71 wrote:
sithlord3 wrote:Here they are....Ethan just turned 3 on the 14th. Avery will be 1 in Aug. and Bruno is now 4 :)

Man, that's a cool pic of the lads! It looks like Ethan is bein' sneaky and layin' the squeeze on Avery's little piggies!!! True brother fashion all the way, I dig it!

I gotta ask, does your yard back up to the trails? Because whatever is behind you home looks fun to me?!!!

For whatever my opinion is worth, I say keep at least one Cuda. I had four, sold three, got back up to five, and I'm back down to one... I don't think I could part with my A2L. It's been too many different bikes for me (24 spd, 1x1, 1x8, and now 21 spd) and I've loved riding each one. You gotta keep one brother!

Peace,

-D-

I know. The Comp I have had since i took it out of the box in the shop. Could be hard to let go of even though it just hangs in the garage. The XX I built has been ridden no more than 3 times, so that would be fine. The problem is you wont get your money out of these bikes. They arent worth what they should be and t kills it. I feel like I should be able to get 1100 out of my my Comp with all the trimmins its got but there is no way, and that makes me sad..lol. Anywho, the woods behind the house are wetlands and there are no trails that are rideable. I have thought about "trimming" em up a bit on occasion, but its all common land amongst the owners in the association. I dont think anyone would care, but you know how that can go.