How do you raise the handle bar stem?

As stated, anything goes.
neo_pop_71

Re: How do you raise the handle bar stem?

Post by neo_pop_71 »

My Manitou 2 forks were bottomed out and wasted, so I gutted them and installed the Wing's "hard/hard" spring kit (the same that Mixalive spoke about), basically making mine into some sweet rigid BMX forks. The Manitou forks are the same as the Answer BMX fork but with rigid fork tubes. I made my own and saved a couple hundred dollars on a set of Answer BMX forks... sweet! They are on the 26" BMX that I'm building right now.

mixalive

Post by mixalive »

I posted a procedure to check out your forks elastomers. Tell me what you find..

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=563&p=3028#p3028
93 A2R blue/white 14" Craigslist Austin, on the cheap
94 A2M silver/white 14" Cenna's Cycles SA, original owner
94 Cuda Comp purple/white 14" won on Ebay
95 XX Team gold/white 14" Craigslist Memphis

runnyeggsham

Post by runnyeggsham »

neo_pop_71 wrote:My Manitou 2 forks were bottomed out and wasted, so I gutted them and installed the Wing's "hard/hard" spring kit (the same that Mixalive spoke about), basically making mine into some sweet rigid BMX forks. The Manitou forks are the same as the Answer BMX fork but with rigid fork tubes. I made my own and saved a couple hundred dollars on a set of Answer BMX forks... sweet! They are on the 26" BMX that I'm building right now.

Yes, the Wings Springs company is gone. News is all over MTBR, they still take your money but you never get your product. The website is mostly down. The videos on youtube have been set to private.

runnyeggsham

Post by runnyeggsham »

Thanks Mix! I will try it out this weekend or this week if I have time. I have midterms this week and next. Not much time to play with the bike. I dont want it to break down.
I didnt take off the allen screws but I did screw it all the way either cw or ccw and the shocks actually grew in length. There was no compression or anything. I screwed it the other direction and it got back to being almost a pancake....not quite but close enough. I'll keep you updated.

The last resort is to get some new elastomers from that place that also sells on Ebay I guess. $49 flat. Almost as much as I paid for the bike at 75.

mixalive

Post by mixalive »

I am bummed the wings thing is out of business. It was a cool product. I went with the elastomer on my last build.
93 A2R blue/white 14" Craigslist Austin, on the cheap
94 A2M silver/white 14" Cenna's Cycles SA, original owner
94 Cuda Comp purple/white 14" won on Ebay
95 XX Team gold/white 14" Craigslist Memphis