Not a Cuda but I love it!!!

As stated, anything goes.
neo_pop_71

Not a Cuda but I love it!!!

Post by neo_pop_71 »

I finally finished up the resto build on my 1982 Diamond Back Klunker...

I'm really pleased and quite proud of the finished bike!!! It certainly looks a heck of a lot better than most cruisers I see today and it's totally trail worthy and ready to go!

Here is a link to Rat Rod Bikes for all the specs plus more pictures:

http://www.ratrodbikes.com/forum/viewto ... =6&t=64099

Let me know what'cha think, thanks!

neo_pop_71

Re: Not a Cuda but I love it!!!

Post by neo_pop_71 »

This is what it looked like after I cleaned it up and got started... I refused to take initial build pics because it was so damn nasty and I didn't want to remember it in that condition!!!

vpc66
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

Post by vpc66 »

Did you fabricate a rear hanger or find one that worked with that frame plus you spray the paint or send it out....she looks like a comfy bike to cruz around on,nice job!
Relax and have deep water thoughts.

F.C.C.R Ride hard,Ride Fast.....Go Insane

neo_pop_71

Post by neo_pop_71 »

Thanks vpc66! Yep, Tektro saved the day with a roller cam/pitbull brake mount adapter. Charlie Cunningham, founder of WTB, designed a similar plate to mount the roller cam brakes he developed. The only difference, the WTB plate is vintage aircraft grade aluminum and fetches hundreds on Ebay, and the Tektro cost $10. The black finish is called Wet Black, it is powder coat but I had to sandblast the frame and fork first. It's the closest to paint that I've ever seen powder look, I really like how it turned out!

vpc66
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

Post by vpc66 »

Hey I check out that link you post with the pictures...Man you are all over the net with different type of bikes. Ratbikes ,singlespeed ,cudas and bmx....made me start thinking,have you ever seen any Colsons show up...I always tell my family (which they did not know it was a brand of bicycle)that one day I will buy one to restore even though I do not care that much for early fat tires just the point as you know my last name being Colson I think it would be kinda cool.

neo_pop_71

Post by neo_pop_71 »

vpc66 wrote:Hey I check out that link you post with the pictures...Man you are all over the net with different type of bikes. Ratbikes ,singlespeed ,cudas and bmx...

Yeah, my bike stable has been accused of being out of hand by a few people, I guess I can't be held to this or that. I'm simply a fan of bicycles, I love everything about them, I know that goes back to my first bike. That feeling generated from throwing a leg over for a first ride is the best. I've had friends who've been into drugs in bad ways, they've spent their lives chasing the feeling of their first "high" and never getting it! I was never a drug person, possibly bikes and the high they brought kept me straight.

Man, I'd be all over that one if I were you, that would be great to be rollin' around on your "family" ride!

A quick Google site search of Craigslist turned up pages of Colson bikes all over the place. Here is a link:

http://www.google.com/search?client=saf ... 29&bih=784

For those unfamiliar with the Colson name, here is a local one near me... I think it's a great example of what can be purchased for about the same dough as a Chinese made piece of sh*t at your LBS.

http://orangecounty.craigslist.org/bik/3223395646.html

COLSON Vintage Cruiser Classic Bicycle: Only

Quality stylish American made balloon tire Bicycle made in Elvira Ohio. USA.
Much cooler and more desirable than a Schwinn or any junky Chinese made cruiser.

Excellent pedaling condition.

A bargain at only $275

Pick up in Anaheim

Please call 7 1 4 - 3 4 1 - 7 9 9 8
9am to 9 pm 7 days

vpc66
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

Post by vpc66 »

I should have known you knew about them!
And that is a good price,I have seen rusty frames go for that but I do beleive that is a late model...does not seem to have the classic seat post plus the crankset and chainring...early ones ran the skiptooth rings...still nice for a fat tire.

* After I noticed the year under the pic...late model*