$7.00 bike stand - over at RatRodBikes

As stated, anything goes.
neo_pop_71

Re: $7.00 bike stand - over at RatRodBikes

Post by neo_pop_71 »

vpc66 wrote:To anybody that makes a homemade workstand using barclamps....just remember the clamp force will be high and if you overclamp your frame or seatpost it will be trash...

Very good point vpc66!

That was what my buddy experienced when he made his homemade stand. I asked him to send me pictures, his is really slick but he was having camera issues. He did forward the 3 pictures he found online, he built his almost exactly like the pics. Initially he used "V" cuts in 2"x4"' blocks, then he lined the "V" cuts with dense foam sheet (similar to the recycled innertubes in the 2nd photo), and after finalizing his clamp he then mounted it to the rafters in his garage. Later, he modified it so the pipe frame would sleeve onto a mounted piece of tubing that was mounted on the rafters... this way he could install and take down with a cotter pin and a machine bolt. Like I said, it's a pretty sweet stand, the floating element is what I really dig.

mixalive

Post by mixalive »

Dude.. That is dedication..
93 A2R blue/white 14" Craigslist Austin, on the cheap
94 A2M silver/white 14" Cenna's Cycles SA, original owner
94 Cuda Comp purple/white 14" won on Ebay
95 XX Team gold/white 14" Craigslist Memphis

neo_pop_71

Post by neo_pop_71 »

Yeah maybe it's dedication, I don't know. The guy used to struggle with chemicals, he enjoyed the highs a bit too much and they grabbed hold of him for some time. Now he is straight and seems to have endless energy for projects. Eighteen months ago after he kicked, I gave him one of my old race bikes, I figured he needed to clear that funk out of his mind and road miles are one way to do that! Last year he logged just over 11,000 miles! Crazy right?!!! One of his trips he rode from SoCal to Canada, all around Canada, back though all the western states this side of the Rockies, down to Ensenada Mexico, and back home. Plus all of his daily miles. He claims that once you've spent so much time half dead, you might as well get busy living! Good point...

vpc66
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

Post by vpc66 »

WOW....in 18 months going from burn out to rides like that...I take a bow.
Relax and have deep water thoughts.

F.C.C.R Ride hard,Ride Fast.....Go Insane

neo_pop_71

Post by neo_pop_71 »

Yeah, the guy has the tenacity of a wolverine, he always has! He was always lean and mean, but now he is like Lance Armstrong on his best day... plus I know this guy has not doped!!! :o Sorry Lance...