Post by neo_pop_71 »

Corporate coffee...

SUCKS

vpc66
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

Re: Corporate coffee

Post by vpc66 »

If they have not already I bet they will change their logo on the van...
Relax and have deep water thoughts.

F.C.C.R Ride hard,Ride Fast.....Go Insane

neo_pop_71

Post by neo_pop_71 »

vpc66 wrote:If they have not already I bet they will change their logo on the van...

You're probably right, someone at that massive company will catch it... however, for me and numerous people I know... that's the best logo to date!

I ran a cool coffeehouse for years, long before there was a Starbucks in town. There is such a difference between a place that prides itself on tasty brew, good atmosphere, and quality local art & music versus the corporate mess on every other corner! Gag...

I think every town needs a place like Angry Catfish!

http://angrycatfishbicycle.com/about-acf/daily-images/

A serious place for those that love bikes and coffee (plus a love of PBR doesn't hurt). Bikes and coffee just go well together! I wish I had something like the Angry Catfish near me!!! My buddy moved back there, he frequents the place, and he always has something positive to say about the people that hang there. He claims the low down is "DON'T F*CK WITH THE FISH UNLESS YOU ARE CARRYING A SUITCASE OF PBR!" Also, a crit race around the local lake has been known to come together in no time but each rider must down a PBR upon completing a lap. Yep, a few soggy racers later but no big deal, the shop will pull your bottom bracket for free if you were racing in the crit.

The first pic, I simply love it, those are my kinda' people that'll ride out into the elements for some brew or to down a few brews... nice!

The second pic I dig because i would love to get a community of local riders together that they do and as often as they do!

vpc66
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

Post by vpc66 »

Yep! Places like that sure are nice. We have a small one on the Pinellas trail where it ends in Tarpon Springs plus along the way you pass other spots set up for riders to eat and back door bikeshops and such. Local bike clubs run neighbor hood site runs..yes some are pub runs. One of the small towns a few years back started a annual bike race/crit thru the town. Take away the snow and change the PBR to Majic Hat (he is from Vermont...local beer there) and he would be there in a heart beat..For me just hanging out with other riders would be cool...I do not drink coffee nor beer

neo_pop_71

Post by neo_pop_71 »

vpc66 wrote:...I do not drink coffee nor beer

CHRIST ! ! !

I think I would die Vinny! I live off the stuff!!! :D

vpc66
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

Post by vpc66 »

Oooops...forgot to write one of my friend would like it but he is from Vermont..haha..That is what gets me for writing and working at same time,forgot I did not finish the line.
And I knew that line would get you...I also DO NOT smoke...ANYTHING...Coca Cola was my one down side but I have cut that back to just a few a month if that.
I get my buzz from riding and diving which is why I am going insane because of the forced slow down in thrill time.
So what spots do you run to on the bikes when not riding off road in nature?