Disc brakes??

As stated, anything goes.
Derek
Never leaves
Never leaves

Disc brakes??

Post by Derek »

There are several reasonably priced disc setups coming up on various classifieds. I haven't done any research, hence the post. But has anyone done a conversion?

*edit- A2MS

vpc66
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

Re: Disc brakes??

Post by vpc66 »

Yes,WillyWill had them on his Cuda at first then drop the disk set up. He had long travel forks on his bike at first which threw the handling off because Cuda's where set up to run lower travel...If you like the thought of disc just buy slightly older forks with disc tabs on them. Like my Sid's have the tabs and with those forks I run 80mm travel but I can lower that travel to 63 mm if I remember right that was the travel Cuda's used...you can get older Zokes or Manitou forks with the tabs and 80mm travel. For the rear there are a few add on tabs..Will used one that believe it or not is made by A2M and you cam find those on line.
But if I were you I would leave the Cuda as a more vintage ride and pick up a frame made for disc and do a more modern build on that bike...you just finished that bike to only tear it apart and more money spent to do a piece together bike...I don't know just my thought but it is your bike...what ever you want just think long and hard about plus and minus as to what you will get out of it..I know my Cuda is a sub 20 pound bike that climbs like a cat being chased by a pitbull.
Relax and have deep water thoughts.

F.C.C.R Ride hard,Ride Fast.....Go Insane

Derek
Never leaves
Never leaves

Re: Disc brakes??

Post by Derek »

This is true.... I already went to v-brake from canti's, and I am pretty sure those brakes can stop a backhoe. YEah it was just a thought.