What the heck does everyone look like?

As stated, anything goes.
neo_pop_71

Re: What the heck does everyone look like?

Post by neo_pop_71 »

This is all you get...

a magazine article shot from last year about my artwork and a self-portrait...

however, now the front/top of my hair come down beyond my chin with the sides/back high and tight... mohawk when I feel like it and slick back the rest of the time.

vpc66
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

Post by vpc66 »

Cool work there...plus a Teacher and build custom bikes....man of many talents
Relax and have deep water thoughts.

F.C.C.R Ride hard,Ride Fast.....Go Insane

neo_pop_71

Post by neo_pop_71 »

Aaaaaaahhhhhhhh shucks... you're making me blush ! ! !

Thanks for the kind words! Besides bikes, artwork is the only thing I've done my whole life, my mom started me oil painting when I was 3. I'm very lucky because my wife is an artist and my daughter will definitely be one too... she has way more natural talent than I ever did! I included a picture of my sweets, my little one is just 6 in the pic and now she is 7 1/2. They both love bikes, almost as much as I do, so I count myself very blessed!!!

vpc66
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

Post by vpc66 »

Thanks for starting this thread,it has been a nice break from what we like to ride to WHO we are!

mixalive

Post by mixalive »

vpc66 wrote:Mix...Who or what work have you dealt with and do you play in a group or studio ..just for own enjoyment?

Here is some of the stuff I have done.
http://slswebsite.com/sneakers.html
93 A2R blue/white 14" Craigslist Austin, on the cheap
94 A2M silver/white 14" Cenna's Cycles SA, original owner
94 Cuda Comp purple/white 14" won on Ebay
95 XX Team gold/white 14" Craigslist Memphis

willywill

Post by willywill »

Boo.
Last edited by willywill on December 23rd, 2012, 8:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

vpc66
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

Post by vpc66 »

Mix that is very cool plus you have had the chance to meet so many talented folks in their area and some that are no longer with us...I bet you have some GREAT stories to tell about those meetings.
And yes WillyWill I have seen great beauty in nature that most will never see but I have also seen death, and trash pushed off by man on our planet.
I built Yachts for a little over 24 years then was layed off a few years back and now work shipping and recieving at a electronics brokerage...reason I am on the computer most of the day just in case you thought I had no life..Fb and the Cuda site are always up in the background while working. Years after I did my openwater I became a Divemaster and work on a local charter boat for a few years on weekends,was a safty diver for offshore boat race which next year I hope to do that again on a few...but no pay in that.

Derek
Never leaves
Never leaves

Post by Derek »

I guess you all saw my ravioli post, I have been a Certified Executive Chef (CEC) for around 8 years and doing foodservice since I was 15. Looking back, the raviolis were very sloppy, but I used a High West (Park City Utah, hella trails there) whisky bottle to roll it out, don't bake much so I don't own a rolling pin, used a fork to seal them, but NAILED DOWN the fillings. Plus we were both very hungry and I'd had a couple glasses of Shiraz.

Aaaaannnd following the famous people thing- my girl, the one in the pic- her ex-father-in-law is the founding member of The Nitty Gritty Dirt Band. She knows Willie Nelson, got to meet June Carter and Johnny Cash, and did makeup for Brooks and Dunn for a photo shoot. Oh, and I got to have lunch with Bill Murray (right after Ghost Busters was released) and had dinner with Harrison Ford.

And Mr. Roper from Three's Company held the door open for my mom at SLC Int'l Airport. hehehe

Sorry for the novel. And we are damn sure a bunch of sexy mutherf@ckers.

And -Don- she is WAAAAAYYYY to cute for you.

neo_pop_71

Post by neo_pop_71 »

Happy Belated Stuff Yo Face Day! aka Stupid Ass Consumer Day!

I hope all you had a great day with friends and family, the girls and I had a great day with family! Much to be thankful for and optimistic that the year ahead will be better than the last!

Terry (mixalive) I'm so impressed with your list bands, some big names, validates why you're the man and now I see why you run sound for more than 100+ gigs in 10 days at South By Southwest! You're also the Cuda Repair King, you've pulled out the stops and pulled miracle saves and restorations, super clean work! You've been a great friend and a big help to many on this board and I'm really glad to call you my good buddy in Austin!

Vinny (vpc66) you and I have had plenty of laughs, our questionable taste in humor has offended and brought smiles, and I thank you for jumpin' in because I think that's great! During the time you've been on this board you've brought so much enthusiasm and energy, it gets pretty quiet on this forum, and time after time you've been faithful in posting and kept it going. I can always count on your posts to kickstart this gang, thanks! I really appreciate what you've brought to this group and you are definitely a welcome friend to all us Cudaheads!

Will (willywill) you have always impressed me with your thought provoking contributions to this board. God knows I don't hit anyone with much deep thought on here but you always do and it's always done in a positive way. I genuinely appreciate the kind words about my art! To see anything in my art that resembles those great artists you named is flattering and that means a great deal to me. Thanks! Here is a link to a solo show I did that was covered by a LA based online gallery:
http://www.thewhole9.com/profile-full.php?pm=8821#/0|0/

Derek (pee30wee) you are one funny cat! I've laughed so hard at some of the things you've posted, I enjoy your humor and look forward to your replies when I toss out something questionable. I'm also super impressed brother, an executive chef, that's awesome! I said if the art thing didn't work I was going to culinary school to be a chef. I consider cooking to be one of the greatest arts, the passion involved, and you get to enjoy eating your craft! I do 90% of the cooking in my home and my little one tells her friends that her dad is a chef... that makes me quite proud! I love cooking for my girls and when I can share the kitchen with them, it's such a time!

I can't forget Mark, The Grand Poobah, that started all this (twice) and brought us together... thanks for everything buddy! Your passion for these bikes has translated into a gathering place for some super people, seriously you Cudaheads are the nicest people and I'm happy to consider you my friend! However, willywill said, "...Cudaheads are a sexy as hell bunch!" That's where I jump ship... I do not think of any you bastards as sexy! My wife, she is sexy to me, from the first time I saw her... you guys, not so much! Oh yeah Derek, you said, "And -Don- she is WAAAAAYYYY to cute for you." Man, don't you think I know that!!! To this day, it still boggles my mind, and she is almost 10 years younger than me too! So, very much to be thankful for... family and friends... thanks guys!!!

vpc66
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

Post by vpc66 »

Sniff Sniff....He tells us he is the Grinch...he does have a heart...see where he said our humor offends people,he knows all the right things to say!!!!

We thank you also for all you do Don.